Mar 13, 2017
hi
ì'm loking for a cheap laptop and i found a lenovo model(v110) with this spec :
core i3 6100u
4g ram ddr4
amd radeon r5 m330 (problem is here)
the i3 6100u have a "hd graphics 520 " gpu and this gpu better than "r5 m330"
look this benchmark:

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=3285&gid2=2974&compare=intel-hd-graphics-520-mobile-vs-radeon-r5-m330-2gb

my question is why they add r5 m330 to this laptop when "hd graphics 520 "is better ? if the problem is ram they could add ram why they add this graphic card ?

Solution
The Intel HD is not better- the only thing is the RAM is theoretically faster but it is offset by being shared.
The r5 has higher clock speed, more shaders, better texture mapping, dedicated memory - THAT is what gets you better graphics.

harrisjb78

Commendable
Mar 5, 2017
Because "better" is rated on a lot of stuff that doesn't matter much. The r5 has a higher clock, more texture units and other stuff that is useful. It also offloads some work from the processor - something the onboard graphics couldn't do.

ejdj1994

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017

is it worth to pay more money ?

ejdj1994

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017
i Accidentally touch that negative vote . how i can remove it ?(i'm on a tablet)

and about game if i play i only play games lite DOTA 2 and LOL on low resolution.
whith this cpu i can't play better games and the question is here it's like 520 designed for this cpu and more gpu is silly . i haven't another choice that same in hard ware i just want to know why they do this when they can make it cheaper ? (i dont know how much but i know we pay for that extera graphic .

ejdj1994

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017
thank you for answers and sorry for that negative .
but i still can't explain why they add a low level graphic like r5 m330 on a laptop that have hd 520 and i can't buy that version without dedicate graphic because that's not in my location stores .
what's your choice for me ? dedicate or integrated ? i want laptop for college works like programming (java , c++,MATLAB , phyton and etc)

harrisjb78

Commendable
Mar 5, 2017
No worries.

Because the r5 offers more than the Intel graphics. Don't look at the "final score" on those websites.
Okay, I honestly did not look for it, just that it was on the spec sheet.
Both are integrated - the r5 and the Intel HD. "Dedicated" is a whole separate card.
If it really doesn't matter to you and you think you can find one cheaper then go for it. You don't need it for programming.

ejdj1994

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017
i realize lenovo is a very good brand (absolutely better than hp and acer) i ask question because i want to select best .
the paladin
i know r5 doesn't share the ram of the cpu to do the graphical computations
but if you look at performace hd 520 is better .

harrisjb78

Commendable
Mar 5, 2017
The Intel HD is not better- the only thing is the RAM is theoretically faster but it is offset by being shared.
The r5 has higher clock speed, more shaders, better texture mapping, dedicated memory - THAT is what gets you better graphics.

Solution