gpu issues in y 50 of lenovo

siddhartha7

Estimable
Oct 19, 2014
Iam confused between Lenovo Y 50 with 4gp gpu and 2gb gpu about Heating...So plz help which model I should opt.....some of my frnds are suggesting not to go for 4gb gpu as it would cause more heating than 2gb and performance would dip....plz help

Solution
the lenovo y50 have a very good cooling solution, go for the 4gb variant, it will not overheat provided you take precautionary steps such as clean dust from your vents every six months or so and after 2 years , changing the thermal paste. i recommend arctic silver 5 . cheers! and also hope this helped.

das_stig

Distinguished
You may a get a very tiny more heat generated from the memory chips, but nothing that should be of concern.

As for performance, they will operate the same until you use an app or play a game that can use the extra memory for rendering and then the 4GB will perform better.

rannon

Estimable
May 24, 2014
the lenovo y50 have a very good cooling solution, go for the 4gb variant, it will not overheat provided you take precautionary steps such as clean dust from your vents every six months or so and after 2 years , changing the thermal paste. i recommend arctic silver 5 . cheers! and also hope this helped.

Solution