Gpu or Power supply Problem?

Oct 28, 2018
So i have a alienware 17 laptop now recently its powercord broke and i brought a new one but the new one is for a alienware M17 how ever it has the same Volts,Amps and Watts as my old one did.
The problem is since i got it my laptop has not been able to run high gpu games insted they freeze or give me a black screen.
Now i checked the gpu the temprature is normal but it is running only 35% of its ability and says its not getting enough power.
Now it could be this cord as it does slip out the socket alot and the problems came after i got it but i dont know much about laptops.
So is the powercord doing this or is my gpu dieing?

Issue started when you replaced the power adapter, you are actually getting a message it's not getting enough power and the cord does not even fit properly. I'd guess it's an issue with the power adapter before you check anything else. The clues are like "it's cold outside, there is white stuff on the ground and I see a plow truck, is it snowing?"

Oct 28, 2018

true but just remember that even with all the symptoms does not mean there couldent be a secondary problem. If i stab a knife in my hand and im feeling pain all through my hand one would assume it is just the knife but what if i broke a bone in the same hand and ignored one of the symptoms for that cause it felt close to what the knife is doing? then just removing the knife wouldent be the whole solution