Storm488

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016
Hi!
I own a Dell 15r 5537 laptop
I7 4500U processor
8 gigs
Intel hd 4400 and AMD R9 M265x

It has switchable graphics, problem is any game under the native desktop resolution has black borders.
In my PC there was a GPU scaling option in catalyst which did the trick.

In this laptop i've upgraded drivers to Radeon Crimson edition which says "No displays attached to AMD products blah blah blah" n stuff.

So I was wondering if there is a workaround for this.
P.S My drivers are NOT from dell but the official websites.

Solution
Well guys! I kinda researched about this issue and kind of reached to a conclusion that having Switchable Graphics does not let the discrete card modify any scaling options( unless modded drivers ).
In this scenario the Integrated Card usually scales everything.
So basically if any of you have this issue just set the scaling on your Integrated Card.

EZ Solution: Right click on desktop > Graphics Options > Panel Fit > Scale Full Screen.

This will remove any black bars while playing games!
P.S Install drivers from the Official Website rather than the manufacturers website. ( Intel ).
Thanks for the help!

jerdle

Estimable
Oct 27, 2014
Well there is a scaling option in Radeon software under preferences -> radeon additional settings -> My digital flat panels. But if it's not being detected, i don't know...

Storm488

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016
Well guys! I kinda researched about this issue and kind of reached to a conclusion that having Switchable Graphics does not let the discrete card modify any scaling options( unless modded drivers ).
In this scenario the Integrated Card usually scales everything.
So basically if any of you have this issue just set the scaling on your Integrated Card.

EZ Solution: Right click on desktop > Graphics Options > Panel Fit > Scale Full Screen.

This will remove any black bars while playing games!
P.S Install drivers from the Official Website rather than the manufacturers website. ( Intel ).
Thanks for the help!

Solution