GPU-Z Problem :S

zazally

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2012
Hello everyone. I am new here, but I really need some help. My computer runs fine, but I have a small problem. I can max out any game at 1080p ultra settings with frame rates above 70+. My computer specs are.

Windows 8.1 64 bit.
16 gigs ripjaws gskill gaming ram.
Saphire R9 290x tri-x edition GPU.
Corsair 1200 wat power supply.
i7-4770k @3.5 ghz stock.

I have not overclocked anything. Okay the problem is that my GPU-Z which I am using the latest version sometimes causes my computer to lock up. It doesn't do this all the time though. It is like playing Russian roulette. You can open the program and it has a small chance to cause this problem. The computer locks up and nothing can be done. I try ctrl, alt and delete and nothing happens. When I go to click the reset button it takes a few seconds, but the computer fully shuts down and turns itself back on. It is really annoying. The computer will work fine if I don't use GPU-Z. I know you will probably tell me just to not use it and problem solved, but is that the problem? Or is something else wrong with my PC that is causing GPU-Z to cause lock ups.

Remember this happens very rarely. Most of the times GPU-Z loads up fine. It is quite irritating and confusing. Thank you for reading. I look forward to your replies.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Happened to me also ... could be just a problem on how GPU-z takes info from your GPU and the AMD drivers... i chose to ignore it. Didn`t happen in the latest 14.7 RC3 though .. but being as rare as it is .. who knows...