Grand Theft Auto IV Officially Headed to the PC in November

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvalhalla

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
PC sales for the games haven't been as good as consoles. They have to focus on making it for the console first and then port it. Same as a PC game being ported for consoles. Would you boycott that too?

mr roboto

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
YEEEEESSSSSSS!!! I knew it would come eventually, just not this soon. However if you compare the time it took the other GTA games to come to the PC it's about right. Thank you Rockstar, I hope they have some decent video settings like AA and AF as well as some advanced texture settings. I hope it's not just a straight XBox360 port where the start screen says "Please Press X". God I hate that.

bf2gameplaya

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2008
I have GTAIII for PC, and even with a gamepad, it was unplayable...meaning I couldn't steer anything for more than 1 or 2 seconds then crash.

Why do I think things haven't improved much?

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
[citation][nom]bf2gameplaya[/nom]I have GTAIII for PC, and even with a gamepad, it was unplayable...meaning I couldn't steer anything for more than 1 or 2 seconds then crash.Why do I think things haven't improved much?[/citation]

Hahah something must have been wrong with your controller, computer, or hands, because GTA III always worked on my PC wonderfully.

As far as this goes, it's not surprising, rumors of November have been around but it's nice to get confirmation. I will buy it, since I've only played once or twice on a 360. But I'm still a bit bummed about the late release, oh well.

taiso

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
bf2gameplaya you should try out San Andreas on the PC. The controls are not hard at all to work with. I actually feel more comfortable playing it on the PC than a PS2. And the mods more than made it worth the wait in its time (cars, ENB mod), I'm sure the same will apply for number 4!

G

Great news. Nothing is as cathartic & damn theraputic as virtual roadraging on NPCs.
Those free-roaming funkills liven up even the most dreary cubicle-bound workdays for me.

Control has been rather tight for every port since GTA3... HAVE to use analog! Actually one of the
better option-heavy games (many PC titles dont allow custom-mapping ALL controls).

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
[citation][nom]sandmanwn[/nom]Way waaaay waaaaaay too late. I won't buy it just out of spite for screwing PC users over.[/citation]

You weren't around for the past three major GTA releases, eh? GTA3, Vice City, and SA all had PC ports come about 6 months after their console versions, and each PC version became the definitive version thereafter (most advanced features, upgrades, etc). Long gone are the days when GTA was a PC-first franchise (ending with GTA2), but at least we can still look forward to kick-ass ports of them which give you a much better overall experience than their console counterparts.

G

I'm an old fan of GTA and the Playstation having played everything from GTA 1 up to GTA 3, over GTA SA to the PS2 ports of GTA- X-City stories.
GTA 4 will be the first one I'll play on the PC, since I don't want to buy a current-gen console anymore :p

G

FINALLY!

I don't want to buy a PS3 or XBoX360 to play this... I get to keep my PC! Woo!

Status
Not open for further replies.