Grand TV Box or Set TV

2goodwins

Commendable
Sep 24, 2017
Does anyone know about these streaming providers? Grand TV Box claims buy box for $67 and get over 200 channels and most all movies free. Set TV charges $20 per month for 500 channels including HBO and Showtime all for 20 bucks

Solution
The Grand TV box seems to be an Android TV box with a preconfigured version of KODI installed. You can get those from a lot of places. I would not consider it a replacement for other services for most people. The addons don't always work and you often spend a lot of time looking rather than watching. You can install and run KODI on almost anything so If you want to try it you can install it on a computer and see if you like it.
Here's a link to a review of the SetTV service and there a many other reviews of other IPTV services there too
GearsTV seems to be well received.
I am not sure that any of these services is legal so you might want to check that out.
KODI in it's basic version where you configure the addons yourself is legal...
The Grand TV box seems to be an Android TV box with a preconfigured version of KODI installed. You can get those from a lot of places. I would not consider it a replacement for other services for most people. The addons don't always work and you often spend a lot of time looking rather than watching. You can install and run KODI on almost anything so If you want to try it you can install it on a computer and see if you like it.
Here's a link to a review of the SetTV service and there a many other reviews of other IPTV services there too
GearsTV seems to be well received.
I am not sure that any of these services is legal so you might want to check that out.
KODI in it's basic version where you configure the addons yourself is legal although not all the addons themselves are legal.

Solution

2goodwins

Commendable
Sep 24, 2017

2goodwins

Commendable
Sep 24, 2017
americanaudiophile thank you for the info. Seems I found an audiophile expert with you, which is great because I'm updating my receiver(Marantz sr8002) with a crashed HDMI output and a speaker connection that is a little iffy for my 5.1 surround with NHT 3.3 fronts, NHT AC-2 center, SVS PB12-Plu/2 Sub and need to replace my rear speakers(NHT SB3) that were left at the house I sold. So as you can see I'm old school with my stuff but it's pretty good when everything works.

I'm looking to get a Denon AVR X4300 or possibly a Marantz SR6011 which I have read online somewhere that they work better with Android OS when it comes to IPTV applications. Do you know what works with IPTV. I don't watch a whole lot of TV but the wife does more and we tried cutting the cord with just our TV since we moved, which is working fine but don't know for sure what I may be getting into when I try to run these inputs through a receiver(currently using Roku 3) local IPTV, Netflix, Hulu and Sling but know the wife would like more programing. I don't have high expectations but would just like to put together something that works and sounds good for TV.

By the way, have you had experience with any of these receivers with the Dolby Atmos and the DTS:X , is it good or just fluff. Would it work well with my 5.1 surround?

sharon5344

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017

chris0450

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
a little info on the people of. SET TV. The owner founder Jason Labossiere is a known con man. A little Google searches wil show you this. They are not payin other affiliates that are promoting them. They are making threats of taking people credit cards and selling them. They have every affiliates W9 with ssn and banking info. He has a credit card piggybacking website if you look close enough. They are very rude and everyone uses an alias Sean Martin Beaman aka Tom Bell. Is also a know scam artist with plenty of lawsuits against him also. I have found 4 affiliates owed over 5000 with proof that Set pretty much told them to F-off and die. These are not good guys you are promoting in any sort of matter at all. I know of a few lawsuits being put together as I type this. The FCC is looking in on them. The FTC is also doing the same. Morgan and Morgan Law firm will be leading the court preceding as to my knowledge. I am just letting you know the kind of people you are promoting. Please don’t ignore this and do a few Google searches to see what I am talking about.