Graphics in laptop

an007

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
They is a laptop that i m thinking of buying and it has Amd A8 processor and Amd R7 m360 2 gb graphic card
Amd A8 also has R5 internal graphics so what i want to know is that they will both exist simultaneously or not means when i buy it i dont want it to show R5 graphics instead of R7 2 gb

Solution
Modern A8's can do dual graphic's with the R7 M360 2GB. You can choose between the R5 being only used, the R7 only being used, and dual graphics which uses both but can have issues with some games.

utroz

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
Modern A8's can do dual graphic's with the R7 M360 2GB. You can choose between the R5 being only used, the R7 only being used, and dual graphics which uses both but can have issues with some games.

Solution
In most cases you will be able to switch to the R7 graphics. However...

The newer laptops which use (1) CPUs with integrated graphics, (2) dedicated GPUs, and (3) can switch which GPU is used on a program-by-program basis in software don't really use the dedicated GPU to drive the screen. The integrated GPU always drives the screen. The dedicated GPU acts as a co-processor, rendering the image in memory. When a frame is completed, it sends the image to the integrated GPU which sends it to the screen (making vsync pointless).

This works fine most of the time. But there are a small number of games which haven't been updated or programmed to know about these dual-GPU systems. They do a cursory check to see which GPU you have installed, see the integrated GPU driving the screen, and decide that's the GPU you have and that's the GPU they're going to use. These games will not use your dedicated GPU.

On some laptops you can disable the integrated GPU in the BIOS. That forces the dedicated GPU to drive the screen, allowing these games to use the dedicated GPU. If your laptop does not have this BIOS option, sometimes you can get the game to use the dedicated GPU by hooking up an external monitor. Sometimes laptops use the iGPU to drive the screen, the dGPU to drive the HDMI port. If neither of these work on your laptop, there is no way to play these games with the dedicated GPU. They need to be patched by the developer so they don't assume the first GPU they see is your only GPU. Consider yourself warned.

TRENDING THREADS