necroscope

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
travelling, ISP problems, and college homework made me lag behind on the charts, but until further notice they will be updated every 1-2 days again

Companies that = cancer
ati creative lexmark micro$oft mitsumi rambu$ via

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
Necroscope - thanks for the work - very public spirited of you!!!!

Can you (if you get a chance) - enlighten me on my recent additions?

I think I can make out a faint line heading to about 1 o'clock starting just after 3/15 - I _think_ it's me?

I 'recruited' a few more cpu's to the cause...

1 x PIII733@815
1 x PIII400
1 x PIII500
3 x PIII733
4 x PIII800
1 x PII266
1 x P-Pro200

(another 8 cpus since Friday) Hopefully these should make a reasonable contribution to the team.... (and me!) ;o)

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

necroscope

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i did a little formatting and you should be able to see it easier now

Companies that = cancer
ati creative lexmark micro$oft mitsumi rambu$ via

G

Whow, man you are rocking!

With those computers you should be the third most productive team or second (Hmmm, that's me now...). so I better go to the computer market for some upgrades...

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
According to the team stats, on the 11th I only had 18 units. two days ago I recruited a lot more cpus, and as of now, I've done 95wu averaging 15:30 hours per wu (coming down).

I'm looking forward to see the stats in a few days time when my new recruits will have brought my averages way down... ;o)

G

The average time is not a good measure on your performance, it's an average number of the units you do since you started. The only thing it realy shows if your PCs are fairly new or old.
The most interesting number is the amount of WU's you do per day, the more PCs, the more WU's.
There are two ways to get a good number of WU/day calculation:

1. Check your stats in 24hr and see how many units you increased (for more accurate make an average of 2-3 days).
2. If the PCs are all in the same building and connected over a LAN then use SETIWatch that will keep track of all your PCs and report all the units and count averages etc.
I use SETIWatch at home and it's very easy to see how fast your PCs are and their individual averages. You can also track fast and slow WUs and find out why some are faster than others, etc.

Download it here!
http://members.home.net/mloukko/SETI.html

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
I know the average is not a good indicator, but it is still good to see it come down as I recruit faster machines. I started using a stock 733 and P-Pro 200 so my average was pretty bad - now I have recruited more fast machines the average is dropping...

I keep rough tabs on the daily rate (the P-Pro is good for this since it takes up to 36 hours to finish - therefore I can roughtly calulate the processing time on that v.s. the number scomplete when it started it's current unit...)

'My' machines are pretty much spread all over the place so it is difficult to track with setiwatch - I haven't found any options to monitor remote (or 2nd) machines with that when I tried it either?

G

There is a software called Setigate that can monitor remotely, but only different e-mail addresses.

You are doing 30 a day now!!!

necroscope

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i'm a little slow on the update due to cramming for tests!

<font color=green>"You talk like a drunk man walks: in every direction but where he is headed"</font color=green>

necroscope

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
late because of birthday celebration and a test on monday and because of rolling rock is good

<font color=green>"You talk like a drunk man walks: in every direction but where he is headed"</font color=green>

necroscope

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
it's updated, but am missing april 7th will fix later

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
Hi,

Any idea why the graphs (other 3 pages show fine) don't display on my new pc - 2K, fully patched, ie 5.5 fully patched. Works on my other PC fine, but not this one? Any settings I've changed and not realised?