green white red and black connection wires

Charles99

Commendable
May 13, 2016
I am trying to connect the bedroom speakers four wires green ,white, red and black to a 2.0 receiver in the living room. When I try any number of wire combinations for +/- and there is no sound. I have a wall volume knob (in the bedroom) when I unscrewed it there were no wires connected to it when I looked in the wall I found the speaker wires they were connected together with a wire nut.
wires.jpg

Solution
I think he means is the receiver plugged into AC and are you sure it's working.
If you can't get any sound with any combination of the four wires connected at the receiver there may be a problem with the wires in the wall.
You can't even be sure that the speakers are connected or working either.
I would suggest contacting a custom av installer in your area. A tech would make sure the speaker are working, check the wiring, reconnect the in wall volume control and connect your receiver.
I think he means is the receiver plugged into AC and are you sure it's working.
If you can't get any sound with any combination of the four wires connected at the receiver there may be a problem with the wires in the wall.
You can't even be sure that the speakers are connected or working either.
I would suggest contacting a custom av installer in your area. A tech would make sure the speaker are working, check the wiring, reconnect the in wall volume control and connect your receiver.

Solution