GS60 Ghost Pro-066 vs GS70 Stealth Pro-097 vs Sager/Clevo P650SE vs Gigabyte P35X V3

OneSpeedOneGear

Estimable
Mar 18, 2015
I was planning on buying a new laptop within the next few months (I hope to have a laptop in my hands by late may) and I've been trying to decide what laptop to purchase. I have liked the general design and look of the GS60 after I got my hands on a friends GS60 with a 860M, and was thinking of maybe buying an updated version with the 970M for myself. I plan to use whatever laptop I purchase hopefully for the next three years, and I wish to be able to play new releases at a smooth frame rate at low-medium settings three years from now.

I've basically narrowed my choices down to a GS60 Ghost Pro-066, GS70 Stealth Pro-097, Sager/Clevo P650SE, or a Gigabyte P35X V3

I like the GS60, however I don't really know how future proof it is, and as there are some sales on some of those items listed above if I should purchase one now, or wait until may for maybe something else to pop up. Could someone please give me some advice? Thank you in advanced!

Solution
gtx970m should be able to last you the next three years. If you are wait till 2016 the Pascal cards will be released which will be better than the current generation. The longer you wait though, the faster the gtx9xxm goes out of date, but then again, stuff are getting upgraded all the time and shouldn't be justification to buy something else you will always be waiting. If you are thinking of replacement in 3 yrs just go for the cheapest one with the same gpu. $2000+ is too much overhead for a laptop in my opinion. Sager is very cheap but not as slim, MSI prob the most beautiful of the bunch, gigabyte beautiful and powerful with a dvd drive somehow.

Logan 837482739

Estimable
Mar 30, 2015
gtx970m should be able to last you the next three years. If you are wait till 2016 the Pascal cards will be released which will be better than the current generation. The longer you wait though, the faster the gtx9xxm goes out of date, but then again, stuff are getting upgraded all the time and shouldn't be justification to buy something else you will always be waiting. If you are thinking of replacement in 3 yrs just go for the cheapest one with the same gpu. $2000+ is too much overhead for a laptop in my opinion. Sager is very cheap but not as slim, MSI prob the most beautiful of the bunch, gigabyte beautiful and powerful with a dvd drive somehow.

Solution