GTA 3 Coming to Android, iOS "This Fall"

Status
Not open for further replies.

vertigo_2000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]While I won't doubt that current hardware can play this game on a Android or iOS I do wonder how the controls will work out to a acceptable level.[/citation]
That's definitely going to be an issue. There's no point in getting the game if you won't be able to control it properly.
Ps3 controllers are Bluetooth, maybe they can make it so you can use one of those.

droidgamers

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
I'm sure Rockstar has thought this all out and have a solid control scheme in place. I can't see them releasing GTA3 and Max Payne on mobile without having worked out a good control setup

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Before anyone says "Y NO SUPPORT XPERIA PLAY (PLAYSTATION PHONE)?!!!!"
With a low end single core snapdragon SoC and adreno 205 gpu ,that phone lacks the processing power to run a game like this.
Sorry, had to say that, been reading alot of comments like the above on different sites.
Now, remember sony saying dual core doesn't matter? lol

I'm glad R* is adopting for dual core phones, instead of dumbing down their games for low end phones *cough* EA, Gameloft *cough*

droidgamers

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]Before anyone says "Y NO SUPPORT XPERIA PLAY (PLAYSTATION PHONE)?!!!!"With a low end single core snapdragon SoC and adreno 205 gpu ,that phone lacks the processing power to run a game like this.Sorry, had to say that, been reading alot of comments like the above on different sites.Now, remember sony saying dual core doesn't matter? lolI'm glad R* is adopting for dual core phones, instead of dumbing down their games for low end phones *cough* EA, Gameloft *cough*[/citation]

Totally agree with you on that. Xperia Play couldn't handle these games with the hardware it's packing. It was always my major beef with that device. The concept of a mobile device dedicated to mobile gaming that doesn't pack some high-end hardware boggles my mind.

G

I want Duke Nukem on my phone if we are palying the 10 years late game.

droidgamers

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
[citation][nom]Gamer57[/nom]I want Duke Nukem on my phone if we are palying the 10 years late game.[/citation]

Duke Nukem 3D is coming to Android

FlyPonix

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
It makes me sad i can't play this on my Sony Ericsson, but I still won't give it up because i love my snes emulator!!!

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
This will be awesome on the Android Tablet since you can use the PS3 controller or any of the Wii controllers via Bluetooth. Too bad you wont be able to use a controller or play it on the iPad 2 or iPhone 4S since it only has 512mb of ram. It will most likely be a downgrade for iOS.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
[citation][nom]phatbuddha79[/nom]Pretty sick that phones have actually matched and are surpassing PS2 era graphics.[/citation]

I always like to joke that my iPhone contains more power than the entire room of mainframes that were in the Matthew Broderick film "Wargame". :lol:

G

The game is 10 years old, at that time I was sporting a P3 750mhz and 384mb ram. Current 1ghz phones should be able to run this game, especially the Play, but I think this is more of an Nvidia ploy to only release the game on Tegra 2 devices. I think it will be released on more android (and probably even iphone 4) later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.