GTA IV: Man Stabbed And Take-Two Will Be Jacked By EA%u2026 Will Somebody Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

EA lowered the bid price due to the board approved issuing more shares, not as a punishment

utaka95

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
The thing reviewers never take in to account when they poo-poo the damage these games can cause, is the average person isn't nearly as intelligent as they are. Most of humanity is little more than talking apes who imitate the things they see. So the "new" wave of gang violence isn't the result of these games? Better think twice.

G

utaka95, you are correct, but the apes you are talking about are negros! All the crimes that have happened because of GTA have been done by negros. Let the smart white folks play GTA and dont let negros play it, because they will copy whats in it.

kutark

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2007
I seem to be the only person in the whole of the united states that feels that the entire GTA series is a complete blight on the whole of the gaming industry and community. This is an exact example of the short sighted, "sell em what they want, we have nothing even resembling a moral or ethical compass" kind of garbage that the industry does not need.

Why can't there be more companies like Valve, or Squaresoft, companies that put the emphasis on artistic creations rather than the crap that GTA puts out. I swear to god, if GTA's creators found out they could sell 100 million copies of a game that allowed you to run around and aimlessly punt babies into a wall, or throw puppies of cliffs, or any number of things, they wouldn't even hesitate to produce it.

I am all about violence in games, if its neccesitated. Take a game like Half Life 1 or 2 for example. Or any final fantasy game. Violence is a core part of the gameplay experience, but its done in a manner that is justified. You're fighting for a cause, or a purpose.

GTA makes me sick.

gxsolace

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2008
I am all about violence in games, if its neccesitated. Take a game like Half Life 1 or 2 for example. Or any final fantasy game. Violence is a core part of the gameplay experience, but its done in a manner that is justified. You're fighting for a cause, or a purpose.

I couldn't agree with you more.

G

GTA IV is amazing. Ive heard parents saying "it warps the minds of the young people playign it" well nmy response what the hell are young people playing this game for any way it rated M 17+ for Blood and Gore, Intense Violnace,Parcial Nudity, Mature Sexual Themes, Use of Alchol and Drugs, STRONG Language WHATS THE FUCKING MYSTERY IN FIGURING OUT WHY THIS IS RATED M.and as for the stip clubs if anything its 2 times less graphic then it is in an actual strip club and as for the parents compalining that they didnt like their kids playing this after they bought it for them and they want to ban the game you should have everyone else suffer just because your a bad parent.

G

I absolutely do no want EA Games owning Take Two. They will butcher their franchises. As soon as they think they can produce the games inhouse they will fire the Take Two development teams that were responsible for making the Grand Theft Auto series in the first place.

They did the same thing with Dice and the Battlefield series. Dice hired the modders who made Desert Combat for the original Battlefield 1942, EA bought Dice, EA fired the Desert Combat team and closed down their office.

Shareholders may want to cash out but they will ruin Take Two if they get greedy and force its sale to EA. EA is a ruthless cut throat company, they treat their employees like crap. Read up on stories written by EA Games employees. The amount of hours they are forced to work is akin to the slave labor in China and their salaries don't nearly reflect all the hard work.

Going public is a way to raise development money but you pretty much sell the soul of the company to shareholders who care about nothing but making the most amount of profit possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.