GTX 1050 Ti with PCIe x16 to USB 3.1 riser

May 6, 2018
I have HP bk193-ms signature edition
It has USB 3.1 gen 1 ports
Can I use GTX 1050 Ti / GTX 1060 6GB with PCIe x 16 to USB 3.1 riser, I will insert it directly in USB not in mPCIe.

Solution
Do you have a link tot he product you speak of? My Google Image search reveals that you will need a PCIe PCB breakout unit. I'd also advice against using that since the wiring on them will be different from what you see on a regular USB to USB cable.

Your laptop's documentation also doesn't state that it's Thunderbolt supported which is also why I'd advise against that route too.

Lutfij

Splendid
Do you have a link tot he product you speak of? My Google Image search reveals that you will need a PCIe PCB breakout unit. I'd also advice against using that since the wiring on them will be different from what you see on a regular USB to USB cable.

Your laptop's documentation also doesn't state that it's Thunderbolt supported which is also why I'd advise against that route too.

Solution
Feb 17, 2018
No. It will not work.
Because pci e lanes and usb lanes are different and
Usb lanes are connected to PCH(platform control hub) and then processor. And pcie are directly connect to processor. But riser cables (which have usb port) are not actual have usb lanes it have pcie x1 lane on usb cable.

But if you think you can connect via usb to pcie. It is not possible.

Hope you understand.

Feb 17, 2018
But you can connect egpu via thunderbolt port or mpci port.

Via EXPGDC beast 7.

Because if you connect it via riser cables. It will not work. Because laptop bios are not suitable for external gpu.

And expgdc have their unique programm to work via external.

May 6, 2018

It doesn't have a thunderbolt port and I can't access the mPCIe

Feb 17, 2018

Then it will not work.

May 6, 2018

I don't care of GPU performance, I just want to make sure that GPU should at least get detected by Laptop.

May 6, 2018

Can I use USB to express card adaptor

Feb 17, 2018

It will definately not work in any condition. Because USB lanes and PCI E lanes are Different.