Gtx 1080ti egpu

Joao_26

Prominent
May 10, 2017
Im trying to build a pc and im starting by the gpu...I already got a laptop ( dell inspiron 14, i5 5200, 8gb RAM, 1tb SD) and until I get my new computer I was wondering if its possible to run the GTX 1080 ti on my notebook by using a eGPU. (I'm aware that will bottleneck af)

Solution
It will cost you at least 100$ to connect the card to the notebook. and it seems like you will have to open the notebook (and leave it open) to connect the GPU.
You will have to disconnect something like Wi-Fi card. So just wait for your computer. by then Vega will be out and it might save you couple of $$$ since there is a chance that it will drive Nvidia's prices down.

n0ns3ns3

Commendable
May 25, 2016
It will cost you at least 100$ to connect the card to the notebook. and it seems like you will have to open the notebook (and leave it open) to connect the GPU.
You will have to disconnect something like Wi-Fi card. So just wait for your computer. by then Vega will be out and it might save you couple of $$$ since there is a chance that it will drive Nvidia's prices down.

Solution