Guidance on Upgrading DSLR body and Lens, please.

Sep 1, 2018
Hi, I have a Nikon D80 DSLR that I am considering upgrading. I am an intermediate photographer and am looking to build up my skill as I travel more and to take professional quality photos for my business, I currently have 3 lenses, 2 Sigmas and 1 Nikon (that I use most of the time). The 2 Sigma lenses are beginners and I need to invest in some additional. The Nikon is a Nikon DX VR AF 5 18-200mm/35-5.6 lens.

What would recommend as an upgrade? Should I consider mirrorless? Can you recommend or offer guidance on which lenses I should consider at an intermediate level? I have been working on improving my night and low light photography, especially for landscapes, architecture, and silhouettes. I also photograph quilts, quilters, sewing projects, etc. for magazine submission or product covers.

Thanks so much for your guidance!

Kind regards,
Jennifer

Solution
In what way is your current D80 not meeting your needs? Even though is a few years old, it is still a quite capable body.

If you're going to "change", I'd suggest a different (newer?) Nikon body that use your current lenses.

USAFRet

Illustrious
In what way is your current D80 not meeting your needs? Even though is a few years old, it is still a quite capable body.

If you're going to "change", I'd suggest a different (newer?) Nikon body that use your current lenses.

Solution