Guitar Hero 5: No One Has to Sing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

verenos

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Does this mean with the new turn table controller we could play Beck with two turn tables and a microphone?

aj327

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
They would have to change quite a bit to make it worth switching from Rock Band.

I bought Guitar Hero World Tour last year and returned it within a couple of weeks. The game play isn't nearly as good. In no particular order here are some examples why:

-- I never figured out how to create more than one band.
-- They gave you nearly infinite ways to customize the face but only a few changes of clothes and hairstyles.
-- Moving up from a nobody to a rockstar is a much more clearly defined goal in Rock Band.
-- The drums are confusing in guitar hero and had technical/sensitivity issues (at least for me) from day one.
-- The graphics during the actual game play seem more engaging and fun in Rockband. At parties people get really into Rock Band - not so much for guitar hero, likely for reasons mentioned above.
-- Oh and the story behind guitar hero never made any sense to me whatsoever. All that nonsensical Japanimation in the beginning is turnoff for me - kind of like those clips they used to have in the Tekken games...they'd leave with a general impression about something, but you never knew what the heck they were talking about.

Ramar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I keep hearing stories of how guitar hero is catching up to rock band where people never mention that rock band already has all these features and does them better.

I'm a huge guitar hero 1 & 2 fan, but Neversoft made the series something awful.

Rather than fixing this microphone issue, why not work drum controllers that don't fail for everyone I know that owns the game?

Ramar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
And apologies for the double post, but I do give kudos for the ability to play both rhythm and lead, something sorely lacking from rock band.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Ramar[/nom]And apologies for the double post, but I do give kudos for the ability to play both rhythm and lead, something sorely lacking from rock band.[/citation]
You can have a Rhythm, Lead, and Bass player in GHWT?

Ramar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]You can have a Rhythm, Lead, and Bass player in GHWT?[/citation]

"Activision today announced that players can customize the make-up of their band with any combination of instruments, be it two guitars and two drums, or three guitars and a microphone, any combination is possible."

Unless two of those guitars are playing the same thing, which honestly and sadly enough sounds like something they'd do.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Ramar[/nom]Unless two of those guitars are playing the same thing, which honestly and sadly enough sounds like something they'd do.[/citation]
Well of course they'd be playing the same thing. Not every band has 2 guitarists. Now, it would be somewhat interesting to have 2 guitarists, and when you ran into a song that had 2, you would diverge (like TTFATF). But I can guarantee they won't do that.

I thought you were mentioning an actual feature of GHWT, not some assumption you made based on the information.

Ramar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
There's a little more information than that. Guitar Hero 2 actually had songs where you could play rhythm and lead. A shining example was Jessica. I'd really be tempted to look into GH again if that was the case, because as a guitar player I find the lack of distinction frustrating on many songs.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Ramar[/nom]There's a little more information than that. Guitar Hero 2 actually had songs where you could play rhythm and lead. A shining example was Jessica. I'd really be tempted to look into GH again if that was the case, because as a guitar player I find the lack of distinction frustrating on many songs.[/citation]
You can play rhythm and lead in GH3 on all the songs.

G

This wilil go out to-{((frozenlead))}-

Rock Band!!!!!!!!!!........... why would you stick with the Worst game ever, when you could have the best game ever???... Guitar Hero World Tour, Guitar Hero Metallica, And Guitar Hero Aerosmith are the best 3 games to play on with the drums. It is more realistic with 5 drum (With add-ons) then play with Rock Band. I mean that MTV Has a bad way of getting attention through people who have the brain of a pea and the attention-span of a gardon-hose.

G

This wilil go out to-{((frozenlead))}-

Rock Band!!!!!!!!!!........... why would you stick with the Worst game ever, when you could have the best game ever???... Guitar Hero World Tour, Guitar Hero Metallica, And Guitar Hero Aerosmith are the best 3 games to play on with the drums. It is more realistic with 5 drum (With add-ons) then play with Rock Band. I mean that MTV Has a bad way of getting attention through people who have the brain of a pea and the attention-span of a gardon-hose.

Caffeinecarl

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
I've enjoyed playing all the instruments on Guitar Hero and Rock Band games. The drums much more on Rock Band, but honestly, if nobody else wants to sing, I'll be lead singer... on EXPERT!

meowkitty77

Distinguished
May 7, 2006
Pizzanag, base your arguement on facts and not your personal opinion. Sales figures and download rates for the 500+ songs for rockband disagree with you.

tbq

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
My friends and I all joke that Guitar Hero is simply DDR for fat kids. Naturally we play more DDR at parties than either Guitar Hero or Rock Band.

Status
Not open for further replies.