Guitar Hero Founder Wants Subscription DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
subcriber based DLC ....... HElll NOOOOO

I'm one onf those gamers that is sick not dlc killing really innovative expansions. sure dlc is cool it's cheaper than expansions , but they often add far less to the game than an expansion would. i still look back with fond memories of BG2's expansion that was almost like an entire new game, and then i think damn companies have gotten lazy. and now this guy wants to make subcription baced dlc .. no thanks

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
subscription == SUCKS!

I will pay money when i'm actually using the service! I don't wanna have to be paying money for the times in between!!

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
His comment also ties in to an answer regarding the non-existent PC version, declaring that licensing is the biggest issue thus far in regards to allowing gamers to access their music through the various games.

No, he's just worried that PC modders will make the DLC redundant a-la Stepmania.

G

How is this greed? You already bought the game. That's what you purchased. If they want to add new songs or content, why should it matter? It's their choice, their labor. You certainly don't have to buy it.

I'm honestly surprised this is JUST getting introduced. I thought they should have been doing this since the very first one was released.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]nachowarrior[/nom]here is a tip... instead of throwing away hundreds of dollars on a piece of plastic, go get a real guitar.[/citation]

here's a better tip. if you don't like it then STFU. its not like the people who play these games don't know that

m3kt3k

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
UMMM to the above poster. YOU SIR ARE WRONG. When you hear people talk about playing music and then hear them refer to the "AWSOME RIFF" in GH or when they sit there are argue that GH is REALLY playing music. No they do not know the difference. SO yes to you little twips that think GH is all that. FOR gods sake get a real guitar and go play for real. SO much more satisfying.

G

angry bro?

Play GH if you enjoy it, simple. i know a lot more about music because of GH. Do i know everything or could i pick up a real guitar and play? nope, but at least i would have an idea what "hammer on and offs are, riffts, powercords" things i had no clue about before.

its 2 diffrent worlds dont get but hurt because you cant play gh with your nerdy buddy, were still proud of you for strumming on a real guitar.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
So what happens if they don't come out with anything good, you are stuck paying them per month? I know you could cancel but the problem is with stuff like that their work gets crappy. Then you cancel then they get good again.

It wouldn't be bad if they could have it both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.