Guitar Hero World Tour Pricing Hits $239 High

Status
Not open for further replies.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
That's pricey, and i thought shelling out a 100 or even 190 for guitar hero 3/Rock band was pricey. That's literally one of my pay checks from work. Jesus! Now what poor kid has to be saying when he sees the price on that baby coming this Christmas. For sure it will sell out but dang. That's literally paying 180 just for everything else besides the game. You bet they squeezed every last penny they could get from us gamers.

G

Try living in South Africa. They first told us the price was going to be R1800 ($225) for the super bundle. Then Activision turned around and said its gonna cost R3200!!! (thats $400!!!). To put it in perspective... a 60gb Pro Model Xbox cost R2700...

starhoof

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Honestly i feel burned out of all guitar hero games, I mean they had at least 4 guitar hero games out, and now guitar hero picking up rockband's concept, i don't think it will be much different from it.

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
I think the real question here is not weather or not the consumer will pay for such an expensive kit(that's really what it is), the real question is... what are they going to do with the 8+ plastic instruments some of these people have been piling up?

G

The truth is the Guitar Hero sucks. It is one of the most boring, least fun games I have ever played. Having to shell out $240 just makes it an even bigger piece of garbage. I think we are rapidly nearing the end of the road with this craptastic genre.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
The truth is the Guitar Hero sucks. It is one of the most boring, least fun games I have ever played. Having to shell out $240 just makes it an even bigger piece of garbage. I think we are rapidly nearing the end of the road with this craptastic genre.

Well dude you are one of the few who doesn't like these guitar rhythm games then . it is still one of the best selling series in video gaming today and it is because of guitar hero that Rock band came out and expanded by having drums and a microphone.

But if this is going to be the price for the complete set we may see the last days of guitar hero. I will be picking it up without any new controllers cause i have GH3 and my controller will work for the new guitar hero. the price of that kit is practically the same price as a nintendo WII for god's sake

G

People are making a big deal about pricing. In case you didn't read, you can still buy the standard edition for 190 which was about Rock Band went on sale for. So relax. Nobody is making you buy the stupid Deluxe Edition

G

I would consider it if it included another guitar but with the crap they offer in this one, no way

Status
Not open for further replies.