Guy Drops 100lbs After Seeing Himself on Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
"If I can do it, anybody can" Funny how they all say that after they lost the weight. Before they lost the weight i'm sure they were telling people who said that to go F--k themselves. People Gain weight because they eat, and not move much, and to lose it you have to maintain a low level of calorie input per day, BELOW 2500. Ice cream, Pop, Cakes, Chocolate bars.. Plus Supper, and Breakfast, and Lunch, and the Second servings of Supper. All this adds up quick, 1 serving of an average supper/dinner meal is around 800-1000 calories. A bowl of ice cream is around 800 calories, a chocolate bar is around 300-500, pop is 800. It adds up very quickly.

So you want to lose weight, Eat less. And if you don't want to eat less, Exercise a LOT. And if you don't want to exercise, than live with your lack of self control. If you enjoy life being big, All the power to you, life is meant to be enjoyed.

As for this fella, 100 pounds is a Shit ton of weight. But unless he did it right, he may gain it all back, I hope he doesn't.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
The fact that he was that naive and oblivious is saddening. I don't see how this is news on the other hand, so I shouldn't comment.

I've lost 15 lbs since moving and starting University. Can I get a news article?

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]sacre[/nom]"If I can do it, anybody can" Funny how they all say that after they lost the weight. Before they lost the weight i'm sure they were telling people who said that to go F--k themselves. People Gain weight because they eat, and not move much, and to lose it you have to maintain a low level of calorie input per day, BELOW 2500. Ice cream, Pop, Cakes, Chocolate bars.. Plus Supper, and Breakfast, and Lunch, and the Second servings of Supper. All this adds up quick, 1 serving of an average supper/dinner meal is around 800-1000 calories. A bowl of ice cream is around 800 calories, a chocolate bar is around 300-500, pop is 800. It adds up very quickly.So you want to lose weight, Eat less. And if you don't want to eat less, Exercise a LOT. And if you don't want to exercise, than live with your lack of self control. If you enjoy life being big, All the power to you, life is meant to be enjoyed. As for this fella, 100 pounds is a Shit ton of weight. But unless he did it right, he may gain it all back, I hope he doesn't.[/citation]
You really do not know much at all about dieting or exercising......if you do all that work and do not eat well/enough you can actually gain weight (and not in a good way)

I guess you have an axe to grind against fat people but your post generally offended me and I am in great shape (although not as good as freshman year of college :( )

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]You really do not know much at all about dieting or exercising......if you do all that work and do not eat well/enough you can actually gain weight (and not in a good way)I guess you have an axe to grind against fat people but your post generally offended me and I am in great shape (although not as good as freshman year of college )[/citation]
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]You really do not know much at all about dieting or exercising......if you do all that work and do not eat well/enough you can actually gain weight (and not in a good way)I guess you have an axe to grind against fat people but your post generally offended me and I am in great shape (although not as good as freshman year of college )[/citation]
Calories burned - Calories eaten = weight loss
It's really freaking simple. You can live of chocolate bars and lose weight (although, obviously unhealthy for other reasons).

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]sacre[/nom]"If I can do it, anybody can" Funny how they all say that after they lost the weight. Before they lost the weight i'm sure they were telling people who said that to go F--k themselves. People Gain weight because they eat, and not move much, and to lose it you have to maintain a low level of calorie input per day, BELOW 2500. Ice cream, Pop, Cakes, Chocolate bars.. Plus Supper, and Breakfast, and Lunch, and the Second servings of Supper. All this adds up quick, 1 serving of an average supper/dinner meal is around 800-1000 calories. A bowl of ice cream is around 800 calories, a chocolate bar is around 300-500, pop is 800. It adds up very quickly.So you want to lose weight, Eat less. And if you don't want to eat less, Exercise a LOT. And if you don't want to exercise, than live with your lack of self control. If you enjoy life being big, All the power to you, life is meant to be enjoyed. As for this fella, 100 pounds is a Shit ton of weight. But unless he did it right, he may gain it all back, I hope he doesn't.[/citation]

i try to eat low calorie food, but even than it takes 1000-2000 calories of that to make me full, any less and it hurts because im still hungry.

id rather be fat and not hurt than skinny and hurt.

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]i try to eat low calorie food, but even than it takes 1000-2000 calories of that to make me full, any less and it hurts because im still hungry. id rather be fat and not hurt than skinny and hurt.[/citation]
... Drink water before each meal? You're lying to yourself. You're coming up with excuses because that's easier than actually putting in the effort.
I know that's cruel to say, but sometimes the truth is cruel.

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
I always say that I don't feel bad for fat people because it's their fault they eat so much and don't excercise, but I guess I do kind of feel bad for the ones who work out regularly and still can't lose weight.

I guess I'm lucky, today I had mcdonalds for lunch and 1200 calories worth of chocolate frosted donuts for dinner, eating unhealthy is my life...oh and I'm 5'11 and weigh 145 pounds.

loomis86

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
[citation][nom]lejay[/nom]Calories burned - Calories eaten = weight lossIt's really freaking simple. You can live of chocolate bars and lose weight (although, obviously unhealthy for other reasons).[/citation]

Not quite that simple. The truth is NO ONE can exercise enough(not counting teens and early 20s) to burn that many calories. You must eat less. When I was in my early twenties I ate over 5000 calories a day without gaining weight, but I was functioning at a level of physical activity fewer than 2% will ever EVER experience. When you reach the ripe old age of 30, it's just not possible anymore. Your metabolism(body's rate of repairing itself) is no longer fast enough to keep up with the wear and tear. You will literally wear out all your cartilage/ligaments/tendons if you try.

When you get to be as old as this guy in this article, the exercise becomes merely a means of limiting the muscle loss from dieting...it has virtually NO EFFECT on fat loss...fat loss all comes from the dieting.

osxsier

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
I love how everyone here is all of the sudden an expert in weight loss. I might actually believe some of you clowns if I didn't know better. But considering this is a tech site, most of you are probably fat as it is.

Here is some advice for you. Take your own damn advice and stop trying to put others down because your self esteem is low.

dallaswits

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
I dropped from 245 pounds to 140 in one year.

I did this by quiting Soda's, fried foods, and red meat.

Also the average american should really eat about 1200 calories a day, NOT 2000 or more...

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]lejay[/nom]... Drink water before each meal? You're lying to yourself. You're coming up with excuses because that's easier than actually putting in the effort. I know that's cruel to say, but sometimes the truth is cruel.[/citation]

filling up on watter? tried that as a diet a few years back, well it was more of i didn't have money for allot of food. but watter goes through my system in less than 15 minutes, and for some reason, if i'm any less than 75% full im hungry, and at about 25% it hurts.

so basically the meal that fills me up the most for the longest is about 2 1/2 cups of white rice, (the package says thats 5 servings) about 1/3 can of cream of chicken, about 3/5 can of mushrooms, and about 5/6 a chicken breast. that comes out to about 1200-1600 calories.

and yea i have had so much watter at one point i had been drinking so much watter that i was told by a doctor to cut back.

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]filling up on watter? tried that as a diet a few years back, well it was more of i didn't have money for allot of food. but watter goes through my system in less than 15 minutes, and for some reason, if i'm any less than 75% full im hungry, and at about 25% it hurts. so basically the meal that fills me up the most for the longest is about 2 1/2 cups of white rice, (the package says thats 5 servings) about 1/3 can of cream of chicken, about 3/5 can of mushrooms, and about 5/6 a chicken breast. that comes out to about 1200-1600 calories.and yea i have had so much watter at one point i had been drinking so much watter that i was told by a doctor to cut back.[/citation]

Hmm... I know it's not easy. Maybe your body has gotten used to eat a lot so it's out of it.
I'm not saying replace meal with water, but drink a lot before meals makes you fill full faster. I know there's a study somewhere where they told people to eat as they normally would, but drink
before each meal. It turned out it caused them to eat less and lose weight.
Eat salad instead of rice. Also, cream chicken sounds like it's high in fat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS