Guy Quits Job With Error Message

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]Funny but sorry, that's what temp-for-hire is all about. If you expected something else (or more), you are mistaken.[/citation]
I've been hired on direct by every company I've ever worked for as a temp and each company I've worked for has kept me hired on until they've closed down. Most of the companies I've worked for are outsourced call centers that pay as good as companies like Netflix do. This guy must have been a lousy employee before the error message.

G

Wow! None of this has anything to do with our country. That guy (while hilarious) is a victim of his own lack of clear communication. Period. How anyone can blame the country/walmart/mcdonalds/india for this idiots senseless act of self defeating vandelism is way beyond my comprehension. techs and IT put way too much thought into this, as is usually the case. You know what thought did? Thought he had to fart and crapped his pants.

evolve60

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
I cant help but notice that the GUI looks like its from a Mac computer, but I can only assume this guy worked at a Mac store lol

gorehound

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
I was hired by Nichols in Maine to run machines.I had 10 years experience running,setup,and repair of Centerless Grinders,Surface Grinders,and more.
I got that job thru a temp agency and upon my interview I was hired on the spot and told after 3 months we will hire you full time.After 3 months my Dunhill Temp contract was up and then I would be hired.
Not so......................another greedbag company who did the following stuff to me:
1.lied to me about giving me a job
2.lied to me about the work.Supposed to setup and operate Centerless and OD Grinders in reality I was de-burring sharp edges on cut metal,running an oven to heat up metals,and did other BS non-grinding stuff

After 3 months I was not asked to work as full time but they would be happy if I stayed with them as a temp.

wifiwolf

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
We have seen the "How you know you've been too much time working in a computer". Now :
This is how you know you've been using a mac for too long.

AtuBrian

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
[citation][nom]vertigo_2000[/nom]"Pressing 'Ignore' will delete all Corporate data. Backups have already been destroyed."[/citation]
lol

G

Yes indeedy tech jobs are going to India. Even art related tech jobs. If you're one of the thousands of out of work game artists that are floating around right now or even if you're currently employed and want to make a move India is hiring people to train their own to create assets using the tools we've studied and bet our futures on here. Oh well. The healthcare industry is still promising.
I wonder if the latest meeting between our Rockstarcelebripresident and PM Singh cinched that deal too.

longerlife

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2007
I am so tired of people's attitude that we should be grateful for the opportunity to work, employment at any cost is the real race to the bottom. Sure it will keep this merry go round turning, but we are human beings God damn it, our time and skills are precious and the most valuable commodity we have...

Someone stands up for themselves and suddenly he will never work again! Yes according to these 'commentators' we should all live in fear, keep our heads down and hope we can get through life without causing any ripples on the pond.

Yes everyone eat what is shovelled your way, forget your standards, your sense of self-worth (it is evil) you are only worth what those with more power tell you are worth...

I am not a fan of Unions and strikes, but quitting a job that treats you badly is not a bad thing, in fact I think if everyone did that the world would be a much nicer place, full of oh I don't know individuals...

kano16

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
I am a support Tech and i want to work with a lot of creativity and in my own way.
But i have to a follow a Shitload of rules and regulations that just makes it hard and meaningless.
Blame it all on the Fat Managers who have no Idea about Tech, only money and more money

cyberkuberiah

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
[citation][nom]bill gates is your daddy[/nom]Like it all really matters anymore. In 10 years all technology jobs will be in india.I work in the technology field as a high level administrator. I have watched it happen for many years now. First the American government allowed American companies to outsource level one support over to india. Now level two support is being outsourced and you can start seeing level three support going to india. Do not think for once that I do not know what I am talking about because I am watching it happen to me at this very moment.America has no technology industry anymore. It has no manufacturing. It has no agriculture and all you hear about are how companies are laying off tens of thousands of people all the time.As "We the People" we fucked up a long time ago by turning a blind eye to all of this.[/citation]

u r right about tech support , its true and i live in india .

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
This guy is dumb, although creative way to quit but never count on a temp to hire to keep you especially nowadays. Temp assignments do suck (I know I am in one right now) but knowing current job market I never expected to stay on. Good thing is you make a great impression on your manager and they will bend over backwards trying to keep you within the company.

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
The job that I'm qualified for I should be makeing anywhere between 50-60k a year, and with some time and hard work at a decent company, more. But there are no job openings. Just in the last few years the job requirements ha\/e doubled. Just to be a manager at mc'd's they want a Phd. haha. no really... I ha\/e seen people with their doctorates working for minimum wage in lowes, and mc donalds, etc. Sad really. This guy is frustrated just like the rest of us. I e\/en do pro-bono work sometimes with the promise of a referral in the future. It's that bad.

MetzMan007

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
I just Want to Put this out there, do you know how many jobs that Steve Jobs and Bill Gates have created. in no way am i praising them. because of all there Bleep ups in there non perfect operating systems. we need all this tech support. we need people to upgrade our stuff and get our new stuff working. if we actually lived in a perfect world, which we don't, those operating systems would automatically upgrade and never need to be fixed only if those 2 people created them perfect in the first place. with no back-doors and easy upgrades for easy people there would be billions of people out of work. i am saying this one more time - i am not praising bill gates or steve jobs - but they givein alot of people in this world a job. and its all because they bleeped up and can't create a product that works flawlessly or is easy enough for the average joe.

G

AWESOME! I bet Obama counts him as a "job created by the stimulus."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS