Guys I need help can I change my Intel core i2 to a higher core?

Skullx25

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017
I am using optiplex 780 with a ram of 8gb 500ssd and Intel core i2 just wanted to know if I could upgrade my Intel core? Or replace it (I am using a desktop)

Assuming dell bios will recognize a core2quad cpu, the difference will be minimal.
You have a 10 year old computer that is bassicaly 10% of the performance of what modern software expects.
Getting a better cpu might up to 15%. While 15 is 50% more then 10, it is still grossly insuficient and thus a waste of money/effort (even more so due to risking damaging the pins/socket or poor thermal paste application overheating the cpu).
Thus money will be better served just saving for something modern.

If you had a 5 year old PC with say in i3 2xxx cpu then sure upgrading will be worthwhile, but in your case it wont.

Assuming dell bios will recognize a core2quad cpu, the difference will be minimal.
You have a 10 year old computer that is bassicaly 10% of the performance of what modern software expects.
Getting a better cpu might up to 15%. While 15 is 50% more then 10, it is still grossly insuficient and thus a waste of money/effort (even more so due to risking damaging the pins/socket or poor thermal paste application overheating the cpu).
Thus money will be better served just saving for something modern.

If you had a 5 year old PC with say in i3 2xxx cpu then sure upgrading will be worthwhile, but in your case it wont.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
hubertkocur1337 Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 3
L Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 3