Guys I need help can I change my Intel core i2 to a higher core?

Skullx25

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017
I am using optiplex 780 with a ram of 8gb 500ssd and Intel core i2 just wanted to know if I could upgrade my Intel core? Or replace it (I am using a desktop)

Solution
Assuming dell bios will recognize a core2quad cpu, the difference will be minimal.
You have a 10 year old computer that is bassicaly 10% of the performance of what modern software expects.
Getting a better cpu might up to 15%. While 15 is 50% more then 10, it is still grossly insuficient and thus a waste of money/effort (even more so due to risking damaging the pins/socket or poor thermal paste application overheating the cpu).
Thus money will be better served just saving for something modern.

If you had a 5 year old PC with say in i3 2xxx cpu then sure upgrading will be worthwhile, but in your case it wont.
Assuming dell bios will recognize a core2quad cpu, the difference will be minimal.
You have a 10 year old computer that is bassicaly 10% of the performance of what modern software expects.
Getting a better cpu might up to 15%. While 15 is 50% more then 10, it is still grossly insuficient and thus a waste of money/effort (even more so due to risking damaging the pins/socket or poor thermal paste application overheating the cpu).
Thus money will be better served just saving for something modern.

If you had a 5 year old PC with say in i3 2xxx cpu then sure upgrading will be worthwhile, but in your case it wont.

Solution