Hacker Arrests Lead to Less Email Spam

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
86.8% is a very high number. But, when I think of it, my actual snail mail is also 90% spam. Except that they're about food and clothes instead of larger genitalia and cheap medicine to improve the use of the aforementioned genitalia.

G

As I have reported to Symantec Ethics about David Freer’s (VP, Symantec – Norton, APJ) misconducts (fraud, having dissented sex with me as he lied, using company resources for personal benefits – hundreds hours phone calls, hanging out with me during office hours, negative impacts on Symantec corporate image), what they do surprise me too. They basically ignore – never process the investigation, covering the serial lying & cheating criminal up, then threaten me. As Warren Buffet said when he decides which company is worth to invest, he values the CEO’s ethic and integrity the most. Being a senior management, David Freer shall walk the talks, instead he has set up a terrible example. How dare Symantec always campaign the company itself as defeat cyber criminals, but in the real world, Symantec acts just like robbers, mafia, & criminals. How ironic!

eyeklops

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
[citation][nom]CanDoMath[/nom]Uh, no. The amount of legit emails doesn't increase to fill the void left from the missing spam. If 1 in 10 emails are legit, and 9 of 10 are spam, and you reduce the amount of spam by half (4.5) you have 5.5 emails, not 10.[/citation]

Correct, I missed that aspect. Interesting to note that 4.5/5.5 is 81%. So if 90% of all email is spam, and you cut the number of spam emails in half, you still only reduce the overall % of spam by about 9%

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS