Hacker Takes Control of iPhones, Requests Ransom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
If they were dumb enough to not change the root password of their jailbroken iPhones all it took was a dumb "hacker" for the apropriate audience. Next

cheepstuff

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
if some jerk was dumb enough to hack my iphone, the last thing i would do is pay them money. a huge problem is people decide that jailbreaking is a good idea use a simple internet guide. this is nice except they don't understand how their iphone works. this means somebody can go and scare some people into forking over a ton of money (collectively).

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
The dudes paypal account is already suspended and he posted an apology along with instructions on how to secure the iPhone. I'm honestly surprised it's taken this long as this particular vulnerability has been documented. What I'm worried about is when someone figures out why the iGrenade blows up and if they can trigger that behavior remotely.

cruiseoveride

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
Thats so lame. Not even a real hack. He just logged in using default passwords. This is like messing with someone's linksys router and then calling it "hacking".

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]That's what you get from escaping jail.[/citation]
WOW, that's a nice boulder you got over your head!

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]830hobbes[/nom]"...text massages..."Do you even read your articles before publishing them?[/citation]

Is that like cyber with phones?

[citation][nom]cruiseoveride[/nom]Thats so lame. Not even a real hack. He just logged in using default passwords. This is like messing with someone's linksys router and then calling it "hacking".[/citation]

You're just envious you didn't think of it first.

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
[citation][nom]830hobbes[/nom]"...text massages..."Do you even read your articles before publishing them?[/citation]

Aww...I thought the article was talking about a massage after securing the iPhone. Oh well.

dvanholland

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
[citation][nom]rippleyhakd[/nom]CLAASSICCC.. The problem is, that if this guy, did it so easilyyyyyyy... What will be next?[/citation]

[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Wait a sec.... I thought iPhones/OSX was uncrackable!?!?!? /sarcasm[/citation]

You guys need to read the whole article. Apple's software wasn't hacked. It's only affecting iPhones that have been jailbroken. Not only that, it only affect jailbroken phones where the idiot users forgot to set the password from the default one provided...Some hack...just dumb users.

Status
Not open for further replies.