Hackers Blow Trump Hotels Wide Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dib Siverack

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017
This borders on Fake News. Trump's hotel chain was one of many that were actually not hacked themselves but the 3rd party they and many other uses were hacked. In May! This is July. Where was this article in May??

Nei1

Distinguished
May 13, 2007
> In May! This is July. Where was this article in May??

In my limited experience, hacking incidences are not revealed to the press without a long delay. So I don't think this delay is part of the vast left-wing conspiracy to provide resources to the many instead of just to the 1%.

I agree that the article did make Trump hotels look like an irresponsible center focus of the hack -- apparently for sensational value -- when it was a 3rd party that was irresponsible about protecting the data. The misinformation doesn't help anyone.

On a tangent, you don't have to be the most experienced computer user to know: Keep the OS updated, Keep apps updated, Don't turn off your firewall, have some anti-malware running in the background and kept updated, be suspicious of all email attachments because if you think you know who sent it, it could still be phish.

So, what's the problem with these big data centers that are holding our personal data? Don't they know what to do?

mb-technews

Prominent
Jul 13, 2017
Hey. Tom's Guide. What are you doing here? I'm not a Trump fan in the tiniest bit, but this story's headline and intro is really misleading. Sabre Systems was hacked -- which includes about 35000 hotels (including, but not limited to, 14 Trump hotels.) I don't follow news sites that distort facts just to get hits. You're on shaky ground with this story.

fablamberti

Prominent
Jul 13, 2017
Dear Mr Honorof,
your article is a pathetic tentative to do politics. Your ignorance in the subject is clear. Sabre SynXis is a very well-known major player in the Hotel/Travel Industry. We got the email about the security breach 3 months ago!! Here it is the real news from a real journalist: https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/05/breach-at-sabre-corp-s-hospitality-unit/
Why do not you stick with real tech news? and grow-up! Cyber security is the N.1 treat right now. I have just had an IT security meeting with an ex-Secret Service agent and FBI agents. Russians major fraud players were arrested in Miami starting from 2012 till a few months ago. There are websites where you can buy any Credit Card of your choice for 10/15$. These are ours Credit Cards (we, the People of UNITED States!) It could be yours, it could be mine, it could be one of your relative / friends. Some of these hackers are in USA some are in Russia/Ukraine. One notorious Russian hacker was actually elected in the Russian parliament 1 year ago, that give you some prospective of how deep this crime goes!
This is why Sabre was hacked, real fact. Nothing to do with Trump.
Fact: Crime does not give a damn about Democrats or Republicans. One actual crime is your biased article. Fact: The President of United Stated is Donald Trump. Fact: half of the country is Democrat, the other half is Republican. Fact: you have been dishonest and you should be fired since you do not know how to present information in a democratic way. The "News" are acting like anarchy, and it is disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.