Hackers to Reveal iPhone Security Hole Thursday

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

E7130

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]matt87_50[/nom]"The security bug is unusual for the iPhone as most applications on the device run inside their own sandboxes, which should restrict them from tapping into portions of the device that it shouldn't be accessible"bahahaha, there are ppl who still believe that apple products never get viruses because apple are just super awesome Gods of security? it doesn't matter how awesome your security is, if someone REALLY WANTS to hack it, they will find a way, and THAT is what has protected apple, no one REALLY WANTS to hack there stuff cause it wasn't popular enough. well... now it is.[/citation]

No, they never had good security, they lived comfortably under the blanket of so few users = so few to target. Well when you put OS X on a phone and make it popular then you are going to draw the attention of the beast and because of their poor programing and security knowledge their customers will pay for it.

It has always amazed me how much Apple gets away with; there like the little brother that could do no harm. Sure MS has the market share, but Apple never gets sued for the same business tactics.

Kill@dor

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Yea, i'm beginning to wonder if apple is trying to use this as an excuse to make people purchase additional security applications...or even a new iphone with enhanced security to boost sales?

xanubisx

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Aww well now i have to stop using my saying "macs may not get viruses but Steve jobs sure does" The day i get a virus on my iphone is the day i buy a new phone

Hockeyguyinoc

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
It was only a matter of time before the trendy slogans got them the share of the market needed to draw attention to security holes. Now it is just a matter of time before someone starts exploiting that issue to cause some damage. I just see it now loss of service lawsuits put apple out of business due to lack of action to fix a known issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.