Hackers Use Google to Break Into Palin's Email Account

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorg

Distinguished
May 31, 2004
The hacker should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

In other words fry the bastard.

It's nice to see the comments by the Marxist idiots.

The pervasive ignorance amuses me. :lol:

Although, it also scares the hell out of me. :(

G

Hell!

And I thought that Boston Legal was exaggerated!! Those left and right wing attacks are so damn funny for someone outside the USA.

Any outcome of the next elections is going to be so sweet. If McCain wins there's another Cold War and probably Iraq will be 10 times worst than Vietnam. If Obama wins I think that a new Civil War is coming... :D

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
If everyone wants to get into a heated political debate, I'll make it simple for everyone. Anyone who blindly follows a political party is an idiot. And anyone who wants to see McCain/Palin running this country and thinks they'd improve the country are brain damaged. The Republicans are so corrupt and out of touch and delusional now, that I'd vote Democrat just to get a fresh perspective because McCain has no answers and he just panders to the crowds, and choosing Palin as his running mate shows that he cares more about votes than policy and good leadership.

Zorg

Distinguished
May 31, 2004
I do suspect that if Obama gets elected and is finally privy to the inside information, he will change his tune.

He is currently selling vapor to get elected.

G

antiliberal - You completely missed the point of why. It's not that Dems don't care when a Republican's info gets spilled publicly. In fact, it should not even be viewed as a Republican vs Democrat issue. It should be viewed as a citizen vs. politician issue. The thing is, Republicans and Democrats (most of them, including McCain) supported acts and laws which essentially violate our privacy as American citizens meanwhile, the current politicians in office have become more dishonest and secretive regarding themselves. It's a double standard.

In a Democracy, we are supposed to have open, free knowledge about the government, what it's doing, and why, while the CITIZENS privacy should be protected. The whole point of having open knowledge of the government is so that we can have informed public discourse about our nation and the way it is going, and ultimately, how we should vote to solve our problems. We have it almost completely backward now. We now talk about mundane things, like the pregnancy of a VP's daughter, and almost completely ignore other issues, while the government keeps working to get full access to our private lives. I don't like that the economy sucks, but I'm happy that it does right now because it's keeping us focused on an issue that actually matters.

Point being, this has nothing to do with Republicans vs. Democrats. This is citizens vs. the government.

G

Zorg- don't kid yourself, every politician sells vapor to get elected. If anything, McCain is worse than Obama- McCain has flip flopped and lied more in this election than John Kerry did last election.

The problem that you're missing is this Zorg- if a Republican gets elected into office this year, even if it is McCain (whom I used to support, and no longer do because he has changed his political persona), the Republicans will take it as a sign that the American people are happy with their policies just the way they are and will do little to nothing to change. This is what happened when Bush got re-elected. Bush even said it in a few speeches. And now we are in an economic mess, and Bin Laden is not apprehended. These are not good policies to continue, and as citizens, we cannot take the chance that the Republicans will fix the mess, especially when they have been known to take an election as vindication of their policies.

Zorg

Distinguished
May 31, 2004
The Congress, and now the courts, really control, not the President. The Democrat controlled congress has done absolutely nothing, except hold hearings on baseball, and stand in the way of more oil production. I could go on, but this is not the forum for this discussion.

G

i noticed how much trash you guys are talking about google's security and i didnt see one question the validity of the matter.. i mean come on just take a look at the subject titles

“FW: Motor Fuel Tax Suspension,” “FW: CONFIDENTIAL Ethics Matter,” “Draft letter to Governor Schwarzenegger / Container Tax,” “RE: Using Royalty Oil to Lower the Cost of Fuel for Alaskans,” “Court of Appeals / Executive Director Parole Board / Boards and Commissions” and our personal favorite, “FW: DPS Personnel and Budget Issues,”

I bet 1/1,000,000 this is BS, this is just another of their BS campaign tricks.. i dont know who is the source but i bet is the republican party itself, what a coincidence ha?

oh yea and expect 100% tax cuts in oil and a big fat stimulus check for when shes vice president ha ha you idiotas

G

Do i agree with the hack of the account......no
Do i agree that Palin seems a bit dishonest (as do most politicians)..........yes
Should she be running on a presidential ticket.................no
Do i blame yahoo for this leak...........................no

For the record its the dumb who waits for concrete evidence to slap them in the face. Smart people can assume and assume correctly. Who ever wrote ...we don't know whats in the email it could be nothing... get an education.Enough said

G

who cares who wins the election? untill you all get off your butts and start doing stuff to move forward this is all they will have to talk about cuze you are not doing anything to progress your country to peak power without corruption.

G

I can't wait for Obama to win. Then my Democratics friends will shut their mouths and I will get what I want in the long run.

I have a little less than 20 years to retirement and I need Obama to tax the crap out of us "rich" folk to pay for all of his poor supporters. Then, after he has pushed the country into a new depression by strangling its only source of recovery, we will be ripe for a solid recovery before I retire.
Electing McCain will just keep us hovering on the edge of prosperity without any big moves to make money. The global economy is not that good and we need to crash it to reduce commodity prices.
I am protected, ELECT OBAMA!

G

The reason people think this is funny, is because they don't like Palin, not because they are racist. Because she is a fraud, people were expecting something like this to happen, and it did.

G

Next week the follow up story becomes...

20 year old hacker in jail, denied bond, facing 25 years to life...

will you still be cheering on the criminals?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. you are a card carrying ACLU supporter
(America Criminals and Liars Union)

spartanii

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
seriously what have the republicans done in the past 8 years to improve our country, can anyone think of one? if you say no child left behind act ur a fool and have no idea how it works...do you know how much money we have spent on the iraq war? 530 billion dollars..look it up, money that could have gone to the new orleans reconstruction or to education or to healthcare but no we spend it on a god forsaken country and get our good soldiers killed and for what? seriosuly some one explain to me why people are still defending the republicans or this adminstration...unless you been living with ur head up ur butt or in a rich area where you dont see the effects of out crumbling econemy on regular people..my dad was laid off my brother was laid off, right now me and my mom are try to keep us afloat on slightly higher then mininmum wage until my dad can draw from scoial security in 2 years which might not even exist at the rate this counrty is buring through money. oh and ya the democrats do contol congress but not to the point to over-ride bushes vetos thats why they cant get anything done not because they are incompetent....oh and the 1% of this country who dont want to give up more tax dollars because they totally need that 10 million dollars a year to pay for there big boat and private jet and bently and and a dozen houses...my family was living confortably on 70 k a year WTF do you need all that money for...how about you contribute to society and help make it a better place rather then hording all ur money like the greedy pigs u are you have the ablity and responsablity to improve peoples lives but you choose not too. so yes republicans as far as im concerned you dont have rights anymore..you have butchered this country, what it means to be a american and spat on the constitution more times then I can count

adamk890

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
Good work who ever you are. I seriously doubt that this was random and i even more doubt that it wasn't well deserved the republicans go on there rants about "Homeland Security" and all that and they can't even protect what could be the next VP's email....

pereira5375

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Hey red red
Smart can assume and assume correctly? Since you think you are so smart how would you ever know if you have assumed incorrectly?

All of you pro-hackers are stating in different ways the ends justify the means. If you delegitimize and dehumuanize (stupid and evil) your opponites all mannor of barbarism is possible after that. Stalin and Mao were big fans of that tactic. So is Castro and Chavez. So your in good company.

Status
Not open for further replies.