Had my E Machines laptop connected to my LG TV via HDMI with no problems whatsoever. I recently had to change my TV as my LG o

Solution
Once you have plugged your laptop to your TV via HDMI, make sure you know which port number you plugged it into, the PC input could effectively do the same thing however. Then, look at your laptop's keyboard, look at the F keys at the top of the keyboard, if you see a button that looks like one of these, then it's the monitor button. (Yours may not be F5, for example, mine is F8, just look at the icon on the key.)

hmtRA.jpg

hp-monitor-key.jpg

Hold down the Function key, (Fn) and press the monitor button, continue tapping the button until you get it to display on either just the TV, or the TV and the laptop screen together. If this doesn't work, try pressing the...

Nobbo

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
Sorry, messed that up a bit!! My problem is that I had my laptop (E Machines) connected to my LG TV for ages via HDMI with no problems at all. I recently had to change my TV and now with my replacement (Bush) tv, nothing comes through via the HDMI connection when my laptop is connected. The HDMI's on the TV work fine with everything else, but when I connect my laptop—Nothing! Has anyone got any ideas why this might be happening please? Many thanks :)

Nobbo

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
Hi, well in the TV inputs menu, as well as the inputs I'm familiar with, like HDMI (1, 2 and 3) there is a "PC" input option and a "media" option, but tbh I don't really know exactly what they're for or how you connect the laptop to be able to select one of those options (even if it is possible via one of those inputs).
I've tried simply connecting the laptop to the TV via one of the HDMI sockets on the telly and then choosing either the "PC" or "media" option (having already tried the various HDMI input options) but nothing come through. As I mentioned above, I used to connect this laptop to my LG TV, via HDMI, with no problem at all, but can't yet get it to come through on this Bush set for some reason!
I don't actually know what the "monitor switching button" is or where I'd find it on my laptop. Any further help would be much appreciated.

My Life Is Tech

Estimable
Apr 23, 2014
Once you have plugged your laptop to your TV via HDMI, make sure you know which port number you plugged it into, the PC input could effectively do the same thing however. Then, look at your laptop's keyboard, look at the F keys at the top of the keyboard, if you see a button that looks like one of these, then it's the monitor button. (Yours may not be F5, for example, mine is F8, just look at the icon on the key.)

hmtRA.jpg

hp-monitor-key.jpg

Hold down the Function key, (Fn) and press the monitor button, continue tapping the button until you get it to display on either just the TV, or the TV and the laptop screen together. If this doesn't work, try pressing the monitor button without the function key.

Solution