Halo 4 Details Revealed Along With Concept Art Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Ahhhhhh so freaking excited!!!!! Yeah I'd love to learn more about the origins of the forerunners and their technology.

Haters gonna hate for being a huge Halo fanboy but I LOVE ITTTT

takeapieandrun

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
Agree with amk-aka, I'm not buying an Xbox to play this; they haven't even released Halo 3 on PC so I'm not getting too worked up about this.

sargentchimera

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
Hrm, I was hoping for a marathon remake or maybe tt's another prequal to marathon like the original halo trilogy, always that link between the 2 game series.
But I am mad that Halo 3 isn't on PC yet, 1 and 2 are! I love the story of the series and the gameplay is good but I just can't bring myself to pay money for an online service I get else where for free.

FloKid

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
PC port would be nice, at least up to Halo 3. The graphics could be made so good. MS gotta loosen the leash a little bit : )

G

There wont be a PC version of Halo , because the PCs are more vulnerable for piracy and modding and that would ruin their budgets. they need money to make games so microsoft wont try on the PC anymore , thats why they are doing the games now only on consoles it much more dificult for piracy because not everyone has a xbox and to play pirate games you need to mod your xbox. I`m saying that because I know how they do it but I have an xbox and it is not modded its original and i buy original games honestly. About Halo 4 I`m really excited for the game , Halo cea will have terminals about the story , and I`m think 343i is really doing a good job on the game ! FORERUNNERS may be the story about , maybe they aren`t dead !MAYBE

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
343 has already shown that they can continue on with the Halo series with no problems especially with the defiant map pack in Halo Reach that they released which was is one of the best if not the best map packs to ever come out for the Halo series. If that map pack is any hint to what 343 studios is capable of doing with Halo, then we should be in for a real treat with Halo 4.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]nilodragon[/nom]There wont be a PC version of Halo , because the PCs are more vulnerable for piracy and modding and that would ruin their budgets. they need money to make games so microsoft wont try on the PC anymore , thats why they are doing the games now only on consoles it much more dificult for piracy because not everyone has a xbox and to play pirate games you need to mod your xbox. I`m saying that because I know how they do it but I have an xbox and it is not modded its original and i buy original games honestly. About Halo 4 I`m really excited for the game , Halo cea will have terminals about the story , and I`m think 343i is really doing a good job on the game ! FORERUNNERS may be the story about , maybe they aren`t dead !MAYBE[/citation]

Troll much? There wouldn't be so much piracy going on if the developers would cut doing their DRM/DLC BS and concentrate on actually making a game instead of milking the money. Nowadays, all I see is: "Yeah, is a good game, but for dollars I'd rather get ." See? Nobody cares for the game itself anymore, everything is about the prices. THAT is the true reason for the demise of PC gaming. Not piracy. The mindset of a consumer overwrote the mindset of the gamer, and thus the developers can push their console crap and easily get away with it. Who the hell heard about DLCs a few years back? But now you can go and pay $2-10 and download armor and weapons and other stuff for your games... sure, some DLCs are worth paying for (example: LotSB for ME2), because they add a LOT of stuff, and some are free, but the concept itself is disgusting.

Oh yeah, and if you think modding is a bad thing and PC games are "vulnerable to modding", I and the PC gaming community really, really hate you.

I can't even blame MS for the whole Xbox BS. From one side, it takes the sales away from their OS, but do you think that the console players will switch to PC if you take the Xbox away? No, of course not: they'll just jump to PS3. And AFAIK, Halo doubled, if not quadrupled, the Xbox sales... of course they'll keep it Xbox-exclusive. Just remember: MS wanted to keep Mass Effect Xbox-exclusive, but EA saw potential in it becoming multi-platform (although I'd simply prefer it shift to PC fully, lol) and they ended up making much more money than if ME would stay on the 360. Logic: if the 360 fan...*cough*... PLAYER already has an Xbox, he'll get Halo 4, anyway! But a PC gamer or a PS3... player... is much less likely to switch platforms just to play one game. He'll either play it at a friend's house on an Xbox or just forget about the whole thing and move on to other good games. Again, MS's logic puzzles me.

That said, why isn't there an Xbox 360 emulator yet? I just did a quick search and it looks like there isn't one... that's silly. Oh well, maybe that rumor about Win8 being able to play Xbox 360 games will turn out true. THEN I'll play Halo... though, most likely there'll be a ton of other good games instead.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Tom's messed up my comments (though I'm inserting codes or something), so

Nowadays, all I see is: "Yeah, is a good game, but for dollars I'd rather get ."

should read

Nowadays, all I see is: "Yeah, INSERT_GAME is a good game, but for INSERT_PRICE dollars I'd rather get INSERT_ANOTHER_GAME."

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Lol, no PC version - no play. Too bad; I've heard Halo is a good game...[/citation]
Agreed, and how long can they milk this franchise.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]reggieray[/nom]Agreed, and how long can they milk this franchise.[/citation]

Oh come on, that's not too long. Look at CoD or some other games... that's just 4th Halo. Plus as long as it's good... but then again, I've only HEARD it to be good and didn't play myself.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Waaait, since when is John-117's last name Connor? Sounds like some crap to me. The anonymity of the spartans was always part of their mystique.

tank

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
For all of you who are like I cant wait to hear about the forerunners. I suggest you read the books.. Yea books, because wait for it..... they talk about the forerunners. Also burnley14 again John 117 always had a last name throughout all of the Halos, you just never knew about it because you did not actually read the books/pay attention to the story.

The books for Halo are actually way better than the story line in the game. FYI So anyways looking forward to both the game and the book.

greenrider02

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
[citation][nom]burnley14[/nom]Waaait, since when is John-117's last name Connor? Sounds like some crap to me. The anonymity of the spartans was always part of their mystique.[/citation]

Agreed, being an avid fan, I'm quite sure they never mentioned his last name. It was always John-117. Are they getting confused with Terminator?

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
[citation][nom]greenrider02[/nom]Agreed, being an avid fan, I'm quite sure they never mentioned his last name. It was always John-117. Are they getting confused with Terminator?[/citation]

Me too. Read all of the books up to the new Forerunner one (and soon to start that one). I'm also 99% sure they never gave him a last name. No last name here! http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/John-117

FAIL!

G

response to
amk-aka-phantom :

My bad man my bad, I just wanted to say why they wont make for the PC , I get your point , but I still dont think that it would work because when you copy a xbox game , you are just buying the copy not the original. I'm not a troll and I was just giving my point of view why they stooped. Maybe if they change their minds they would make a halo for PC. Oh yeah , what I mean for "vulnerable to modding" was actually customization "vulnerable for customization" unauthorized by the company that made the game that creates problems many times . I have a PC and many games for it so I'm not a Xbox fan (console defender) , I just like gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.