Halo: Reach Screenshots Hit the Internet

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
It looks good, but it still doesn't beat Crysis and that lighting is just awful. If this is what Microsoft's developers think sunlight looks like then I guess Microsoft doesn't let its developers out much.

I don't wanna have to play a game with sunglasses on...

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
[citation][nom]Onyx2291[/nom]Yeah seeing as this is the last one.[/citation]

That's what they see every year...

demonnn

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
the graphics aren't that great.... looks the same as halo 3... but what do you expect, consoles are limited by old hardware.I kinda feel sorry.

Goro

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
REALLY? HALO AGAIN! REALLY? Even the first Halo was not that impressive. Everything after the first one looked the same.... Move on.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Halo Reach Around !!! (kidding kidding don't kill me!!!)

Game looks awesome, does this mean that part 3 will finally come to the PC some day? I don't own a 360 and even if I did playing FPS on a controller just isn't my style :(

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Everything but the overuse of HDR look good. Not a Halo fan and have hated most die hard fans I have come to know, but the same is true with me and most die hard fans of anything.

santeana

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2003
[citation][nom]Goro[/nom]REALLY? HALO AGAIN! REALLY? Even the first Halo was not that impressive. Everything after the first one looked the same.... Move on.[/citation]

I dunno. I don't think Halo was ever supposed to LOOK impressive. What hooked most people in and kept them coming back was the story. The 1st Halo story was almost epic in its own right. The music was superbly chosen and I loved it. Halo 2.... well, I dunno. It's like when they make a sequel to a movie that was just mind-blowing but the sequel has a different director... its ok, but there just something missing somehow. That's how I felt about it. Plus the intentional cliffhanger ending just sorta felt put on. As if they were saying, yeah lets end it this way and then we can make more money with a 3rd installment. And of course Halo 3 not being on the PC, I haven't played it. And like most of you, I am also sick of the franchise by now. If they had maintained the great story of the 1st one, then ok. But it just feels like it was made by a bunch of sellouts now.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]JonathanDeane[/nom]Halo Reach Around !!! (kidding kidding don't kill me!!!) Game looks awesome, does this mean that part 3 will finally come to the PC some day? I don't own a 360 and even if I did playing FPS on a controller just isn't my style[/citation]

+1 for you sir.......as long as Cortana is the one playing reach around

[citation][nom]rickd_2689[/nom]Halo sucks - those graphics suck. I hate halo fans.[/citation]

Okay there Francis, we here you...you hate hospitals and elevators and trains and airplanes....and if you have no clue what I'm talking about you're a PS3 fanboi.

And I hate everything about you.....your post has me rocking out
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/hate-everything-about-you/BC0D85125F61E1AC8177BC0D85125F61E1AC8177

mrface

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2002
wow someone actually said halo had an epic storyline...

-naivete at its finest....

although I agree that the music was awesome...

didnt live up to the hype for me though [/shrug]

[hear come the neg votes for me being honest... :p]

Status
Not open for further replies.