Handheld SNES Coming To U.S. This Year

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djsting

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]When you're in a tech forum and you want to make a political comment, think of 2 words: Shut Up.[/citation]

As much as a I detest Obama....agreed. This is Toms Guide, not Toms Politics. Wow, could you all imagine if there were such a thing. And you all think the Apple vs MS trolls are bad. LOL

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Thunderfox[/nom]If this were 1993 I would have just pissed myself with excitement. But since it isn't, this is only interesting as a curiosity.[/citation]

yeah... if I wanna play snes on the go i'll just install an emulator on my phone.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
They'll need to license the games from Nintendo and sell cartridge game packs containing a few dozen games apiece. Most people don't still have their old games and I don't want to have to carry around a backpack for when I want to switch games.

billiardicus

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2008
If this thing depends on users having old SNES cartridges, it will fail period. If however, they allow consumers to easily access Nintendo's library of SNES games (perhaps digital download?), I think it's an interesting idea. But even then it will only appeal to the older generation of gamers, and we're a limited and dying breed. I've quit playing games altogether because it's been years since anything worth playing has been released.

oncall

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
[citation][nom]Billiardicus[/nom]If this thing depends on users having old SNES cartridges, it will fail period. If however, they allow consumers to easily access Nintendo's library of SNES games (perhaps digital download?), I think it's an interesting idea. But even then it will only appeal to the older generation of gamers, and we're a limited and dying breed. I've quit playing games altogether because it's been years since anything worth playing has been released.[/citation]

Nintendo is currently developing its online catalog that includes SNES games you can play on the Wii and I believe going to release them for the 3DS. So I am thinking, no, Nintendo is not going to be interested in licensing their games to a third party. Needing the original cartridges, I guess, avoids the whole messy licensing issue. This is opposed to Sega who seems happy to license it's titles to anyone willing to pay.

G

battery life still sucks
when will the devs realize battery life is the deal breaker

killbits

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
[citation][nom]wild9[/nom]I should imagine it's the same reason Obama got elected..people will buy any old thing as long as there's enough glitter. In the case of Obama, it's any old 'crap'.[/citation]

wow, way to sound like an angry, bitter old man. just like a typical whiny republican to turn some random article into your unwanted political commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.