Hands On: Steam App for Android, iOS Closed Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
I really wish the Valve folks would implement family-oriented features in Steam soon. My son is entering the gaming (non-hardcore of course) age and there's no convenient way for me to give him access to Steam games. He doesn't have a computer, just an account on my computer, but Steam requires admin rights on Windows 7 so I can't provide him with access. Not to mention there are no ways to restrict games based on rating or even manual selection...

hardcore_gamer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
[citation][nom]agnickolov[/nom]I really wish the Valve folks would implement family-oriented features in Steam soon. My son is entering the gaming (non-hardcore of course) age and there's no convenient way for me to give him access to Steam games. He doesn't have a computer, just an account on my computer, but Steam requires admin rights on Windows 7 so I can't provide him with access. Not to mention there are no ways to restrict games based on rating or even manual selection...[/citation]

PC gaming is okay. But don't let your son play on consoles. Consoles make kids stupid by dumbing down their brain ;).

Star72

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
I'm looking forward to this app, already sent my request. I have a number of Steam friends that I rarely get to chat with due to my 3rd shift work schedule. This would give me the chance to at least chat with them at my breaks.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
I wonder if windows games will be able to play on windows 8 mobile platforms.. I mean, if the windows 8 mobile platform is a full fledged operating system, then as long as the minimum specs are met by a phone (quad core phones with mobile gpu), then I don't see a problem running games on it. True?

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
[citation][nom]agnickolov[/nom]I really wish the Valve folks would implement family-oriented features in Steam soon. My son is entering the gaming (non-hardcore of course) age and there's no convenient way for me to give him access to Steam games. He doesn't have a computer, just an account on my computer, but Steam requires admin rights on Windows 7 so I can't provide him with access. Not to mention there are no ways to restrict games based on rating or even manual selection...[/citation]
give your son a slice of raspberry pi.

cpike84

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
The app is really cool, and the chat works great. You can be signed into both the pc client and mobile app simultaneously, which I like. The only problem I came across is that the screenshots do not work for me with my Samsung Fascinate running Android 2.3

Status
Not open for further replies.