Happy 10th Birthday, PlayStation 2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
[citation][nom]nologo[/nom]FF7[/citation]

Hahaha, wrong console, but it was the best PSOne game.

As a side, all this time I thought people missed the previous articles about editing comments when complaining, but apparently you really can't edit them even in the forums-- when they're on Tom's guide.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I see a lot of mentions of Shadow of the Colossus and Ico.
You guys will be pleased to know that those now have an official HD PS3 rerelease slated.

Here's to waiting for an FFVII rerelease!

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
[citation][nom]eyemaster[/nom]I thought the PS2 was a few years older than that... Isn't the PS3 now 5 years old?[/citation]

Four years old this November. I'm amazed at how relatively old hardware is still able to push nice looking graphics after four years. Compared to my PC with its 5850/i7 yada yada it's not so hot, but with games like GT5 and the like, the PS3 is still good in my opinion.

I still have my PS2 waiting for someone who might want it... I just can't through it away when I know it works just fine. I just wish my PS3 played PS2 games...

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
[citation][nom]rhino13[/nom]I see a lot of mentions of Shadow of the Colossus and Ico.You guys will be pleased to know that those now have an official HD PS3 rerelease slated.Here's to waiting for an FFVII rerelease![/citation]

I have to admit I am a huge FFVII fanboy... a re-release could do well, or flop terribly, depending on what is changed and by how much. I bought a PSP this Spring and the only thing loaded on it is FFVII (I went out of the country for business and needed something to do for two 15 hr plane flights...).

I understand why the FF7 post was down-ranked, but I can atest that I played it for many many hours on my PS2 back in the day.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
wow 10 years.... Feels bad man.... yet ironically, i have more fun with my ps2 than i do my original Xbox. Course Xbox360 corrected that.

afrobacon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
It's kind of sad really, compared to NES I can only remember having a few favorites:

Final Fantasy X
Gran Turismo 3 and 4
Gran Theft Auto Vice City and San Andreas
Kingdom Hearts
Mortal Kombat Armageddon (w/ alcohol)

alhanelem

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
wow... havnt even touched my old ps2 in years... i would say my fav games are:
kingdom hearts 1+2
FF X and XII
and dragonball z budokai tenkaichi 2

dillyflump

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Got to be the Gran Turismo series. Best thing was I could still play GT 1 & 2 on the PS2 after My PSX original model got laser probs.

G

Though I never owned one, my favo game was Ridge Racer (1 and 2).

I had to buy a PSP to play the game again. Love the music!

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
[citation][nom]jfby[/nom]I have to admit I am a huge FFVII fanboy... a re-release could do well, or flop terribly, depending on what is changed and by how much. I bought a PSP this Spring and the only thing loaded on it is FFVII (I went out of the country for business and needed something to do for two 15 hr plane flights...).I understand why the FF7 post was down-ranked, but I can atest that I played it for many many hours on my PS2 back in the day.[/citation]

I down-ranked it because it was the wrong console. Agree 100% on your FF7 re-release analysis.

Actually, I played the PC version of FF7. Shame it doesn't work on any modern OS (beyond XP).

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
I remember it like yesterday.......skipped class to go camp outside Target at 2AM to see if I could get a PS2. I was one of the lucky ones to get one. That one died after 6 months because the laser on the PS2 sucked. I replaced it the laser 2 times in that one before getting a new version. That was before I modded it. After I modded it, the laser lasted only about 3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.