Happy 10th Birthday, PlayStation 2

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, and Mark of Kri are games I am glad I still own, although I too will be investing in the HD PS3 SotC/ICO double pack.

existencenow

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
I know this is sticking the neck out and only welcome to a small niche of players, ... Anyone miss the Dreamcast? had so much potential.....

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Never had my own PS2, but my friends and roomate's PS2's got plenty of play in college. Top games were:

Gran Turismo 3 (spent an entire semester on that, don't remember what classes I was taking)
FFX and FFX-2
Madden 2004/NCAA 2004 (not PS2 exclusives, no, but got the most play)

Oh yeah, Tekken Tag, hah, I killed on that one with Eddy (who didn't?). What else, GTA3, did anyone else ever play Ephemeral Fantasia? Crazy-strange game that one.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]bourgeoisdude[/nom]I down-ranked it because it was the wrong console. Agree 100% on your FF7 re-release analysis. Actually, I played the PC version of FF7. Shame it doesn't work on any modern OS (beyond XP).[/citation]
It does work on modern OS. I have it loaded on Win7 HP. It works with the XP patch. And it isnt really the wrong console as PS2 has backwards compatibility with PS1...

secolliyn

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
I actually skipped the PS2, Xbox era I went from still using my Sega to buying a 360,PS3,and Wii
so i can honestly say i have no Fav games on the PS2

whooleo

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
Ratchet and Clank series, Kingdom Hearts II, Starwars Battlefront I and II (have it on PC now woot!), and Jack and Daxter Series.

jlanger

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
I'd have to say
Jax (any of them actually)
FFX
GT3
Loved the PS2 but I for me the PS1 had so many more games that I loved. Though I'll admit my getting the PS2 coincided with my diving into PC gaming.

B16CXHatch

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
Hmmm, top 3. Well I guess:
Tales of the Abyss
.hack// Series (it's one game split into 4)
Sakura Wars: So Long My Love

as well as many Gust/NIS America games such as the Atelier Iris Series, Mana Khemia Series (which is still part of the Atelier Project), and the Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia (hated Ar Tonelico 2: Melody of Metafalica though).

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
You know what, maybe I'll go fire up that old sucker to enjoy Xenosaga III again. That game provided me with 120+ hours of intense storyline.

G

I miss my PS2 now.

Sony get to work on that emulator for the PS3 pronto!

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]nologo[/nom]FF7[/citation]

Umm dude wrong console. That would be the first playstation. But omg that was definitely an awesome game.

1. FFX
2. God of War.
3. Shadow of the Colossus

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Wow I am getting old, I still remember people paying $300-400 to get one.

Drakan the Ancients Gates (very Rare)
GTA Vice City
GTA SA
YUGIOH Duelist of the Roses (Rare)

mapesdhs

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007
Delighted to see you mention, "Drakan the Ancients Gates", excellent game! My gf & I played
it several times (ever manage to solve the stone tablets puzzle?)

Favourites? That's a tough one. The games I played most often are probably CoD2 and Black.
Indeed, still playing CoD2 atm (and here's me with CoD4 & 5 still in their boxes, unopened).

But it's hard to choose. I guess the GTA games (though not Liberty City Stories, that was a bit
of a step backwards IMO), Killzone, the Baulder's Gate & Champions of Norath games, Ico,
Time Splitters Future Perfect (love the humour) and Summoner2.

Ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.