Solved! hard of hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshChap

Estimable
BANNED
Aug 30, 2020
My partner is hard of hearing and our flat is open plan so the layout is front room > lounge > kitchen. all this is one big open space. He does a lot of office work in the kitchen.. yea I know (even though he has an office, but never mind that) he keeps saying he wants to hear the tv from any point in the room and it's hard to hear the tv past the lounge and can't hear anything in the kitchen without the tv being on full volume. would it be possible to just hook up a 4 maybe 6 speaker system to the tv so the sound is extended to cover the whole room? how would I go about this? I was thinking of getting the speaker system they have in big open venues or pubs so the music/voice can be heard in the whole room but I can't remember what the system is called. I have told him about open-loop systems and he's not keen on them.

Solution
The type of system used commercially would probably not be your best option. These are made to overcome a lot of background sound which isn't your problem.
You can use one or more wireless speakers but they have to be able to be grouped. Otherwise there will be a delay that will cause an echo.
You can use a Sonos or Denon soundbar and speakers.
You can use JBL bluetooth speakers. You can use any number of the speakers and their Connect app will pair them all to the TV and create a group. Your TV would need Bluetooth or you would need to connect a transmitter to the TV.
WIth both options you can add speakers whenever you find you need them so you can start with a soundbar and a speaker and go from there. The speakers can be moved and you...
The type of system used commercially would probably not be your best option. These are made to overcome a lot of background sound which isn't your problem.
You can use one or more wireless speakers but they have to be able to be grouped. Otherwise there will be a delay that will cause an echo.
You can use a Sonos or Denon soundbar and speakers.
You can use JBL bluetooth speakers. You can use any number of the speakers and their Connect app will pair them all to the TV and create a group. Your TV would need Bluetooth or you would need to connect a transmitter to the TV.
WIth both options you can add speakers whenever you find you need them so you can start with a soundbar and a speaker and go from there. The speakers can be moved and you can use battery powered speakers if you don't want to plug them in.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.