Hard up for an answer.

jimmmyjon

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
I`ve already asked this once but your experts gave up on it. I have a Toshiba satellite L-305-S5944 I really love but as I was updating the bios I had accidently turned it off as it was saying do not turn off erasing bios. now I have no display. I know its an old laptop but it really means a lot to me. Suggestions?

Solution
You may find people that can remove the bios chip, reflash it and return the whole unit to you. I have done that on a desktop mobo when a bios flash failed.

RobCrezz

Honorable
Herald
Mar 14, 2013
Aug 27, 2014
You have a slight chance that you may be able to flash that bios from a usb flash drive. Google for instructions and note you need right bios for that motherboard and it's respective cpu. As the first guy says chances are the bios chip is corrupted and can be replaced but may have to be soldered onto logic board. They use to be removable. When you order new one it comes preprogrammed but must specify version. You will see that on ebay ads or aliexpress and Alibaba perhaps.
Try reseating the ram, Black screen is typical of ram issue even though you admit you did what one should never do.
Bad bad boi.
Perhaps that's too much trouble for you. Option is to find a local kijiji service guy that has reputation and good prices and a real phone number on his ad yo fix this issue if yiu mention what we say here it may be worth the 40.00 to have someone else resolve it than to have your head whirling with too much info you don't understand all in one day lol.
You definitely opened up a can of worms there.