have older cd/dvd with rca digital plugs (3) and smart tv with hdmi want to play cd.s ?

Apr 14, 2018
I have an older NC600 Sony, CD/DVD 5 Disc changer with 3 RCA digital plugs (works great), and I would like to hook it up to my new Samsung smart TV with HDMI available? Is there a way??

doolittle

Distinguished
So that NC600 has 3 RCA cables, with a red / white / yellow cable? Look at your TV's "composite / AV" input. It's a bit confusing since a lot of TVs nowadays share the Composite NTSC video (yellow cable) with the HD Component inputs. The audio L/R connects easily to their own colors but the Yellow plug is usually shared with the Green "Y" composite input and labled as "Y/Video".

Since a pic is worth a thousand words just check this link - Shared Composite/Component Video Input Connections @ lifewire

doolittle

Distinguished
So that NC600 has 3 RCA cables, with a red / white / yellow cable? Look at your TV's "composite / AV" input. It's a bit confusing since a lot of TVs nowadays share the Composite NTSC video (yellow cable) with the HD Component inputs. The audio L/R connects easily to their own colors but the Yellow plug is usually shared with the Green "Y" composite input and labled as "Y/Video".

Since a pic is worth a thousand words just check this link - Shared Composite/Component Video Input Connections @ lifewire

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Leacrocky Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
L Streaming Video & TVs 2
T Streaming Video & TVs 3
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 2