Have you ever been ignored by tom's guide?

beckyhan

Estimable
Dec 19, 2014
Hi, I know tom's guide offers a platform for developers to upload their app. Have you ever successfully uploaded your app to the platform? Especially those individual developers.

I have this doubt cuz I have contacted them for over three time for the app submission request over last two months. But no response. No thank you, no sorry. Just nothing.

So I wonder does anyone have similar experience with me? Or can at least someone from tom's guide offer a little tiny explanation about this? Thanks.

Solution
I see what the issue is now. No, just because we offer downloads does not mean that we accept individual submissions. We are in no way obligated to upload your apps, and nowhere do we make any mention that we will accept submissions. The downloads offered are put up at the sole discretion of the editors and upper management, and are offered as a free service; we are not an app distribution platform, and make no claims to be. We don't have the time or resources to review individual submissions, which is why we don't offer that option. I thought we might have mistakenly put up something alluding to such, but it seems that you made that assumption yourself.

beckyhan

Estimable
Dec 19, 2014
thanks so much for your help. All the best wishes for you.

Hi there!

So, I looked into this and spoke with one of our head editors. I can't seem to find this platform you're speaking of, and the editor isn't aware of anything like that either. As far as we are aware, users can't upload their own apps; our downloads page only has official apps that can be found in the various app stores. Can you perhaps point me to where you've found this feature? If it is mentioned anywhere, it will need to be removed because it simply does not exist.

beckyhan

Estimable
Dec 19, 2014

Hi, sorry for late reply. I know tom's guide does not all us to upload the apps by ourselves. But since you have a platform for users to download apps, there should be an entry for developers to upload the app, at least an entry for submitting app upload request, right? If not, I hope you can write a notice somewhere that you do not accept any app upload request.

And I am really very serious. And here is my app that has been uploaded to the Google Play. Link removed
And I did contacted you for the app uploading issue for at least three times.

beckyhan

Estimable
Dec 19, 2014

en? Sorry, I did not get your point. Who will sue me? and for what thing?

Precisely. You clearly aren't connected to that company, in spite of your e-mail address and it's also well know that the company is not involved in either the mobile phone or battery industries. I'm removing your link to the Google Play site pending a discussion with SomeoneSomewhere and other Moderators.

beckyhan

Estimable
Dec 19, 2014

Hi, sorry for late reply. Yes, I am working at a branch of EaseUS. So I can give you my word that this is legal.

beckyhan

Estimable
Dec 19, 2014

Hi, thanks for your work on this issue. And yes, Easeusapp.com is a branch of EaseUS.