Solved! Having a packet loss problem of up to 99%

PainTrain

Prominent
Jun 13, 2017
Hello, RIG: HP Pavilion HP 15-au010wm

I'm having an issue that just sprung up about 5 days ago. Normally when I play games on my computer I have perfect ping, perfect fps Etc. It's a great rig and while I normally don't have problems all of a sudden I am now dropping an IMMENSE amount of packets. Very close to 99%. I have tried pinging my PC, My Router, and a few web pages but to no avail. All say 0% packet loss. The reason I looked into this was because while playing said games, it would go from pure perfection for about 15 seconds to absolute junk, 0 fps 5k+ ping for about 5 seconds then back to perfect again. Not only would this effect my game but my voice chat and web pages as well. I called my provider and after their ping tests as well as pinging from their servers to my IP they said they couldn't find anything wrong either. I have reinstalled all my drivers across the board, Tried different cables, modems, routers, sped up processing, sped up graphics, turned down outside applications, checked wiring to and from my house I mean... I'm at a loss here. Here are my ICSI results: http://n2.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/summary/id=36a470be-516-9f591bb3-08b4-4043-8104#tcp_connectivity
Ignore the clocking obviously. I was told the first two under minors were nothing special but perhaps they were mistaken? Appreciate any help here!

Update: I drop 100% of my packets when connecting to any game server from my PC. Does anyone know where the connections for these are and who I would contact?

Solution
Has your ISP speed limited you because you exceeded the monthly data allowance?

Secondly, if your using WIFI from your gaming box check that you have not damaged the little antenna ... should have a little gold pin in the base of it when you unscrew it - note ... some antennas are not detachable.
Has your ISP speed limited you because you exceeded the monthly data allowance?

Secondly, if your using WIFI from your gaming box check that you have not damaged the little antenna ... should have a little gold pin in the base of it when you unscrew it - note ... some antennas are not detachable.

Solution

Mister_MO

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
I would run ping in loop to your router and to some good page, for example google, and then play. If you get problems with both then problem is on your side, if ping to router is fine and google gets dropped then it should be your isp.
Ping loop command is ping -t adressyouwantping

PainTrain

Prominent
Jun 13, 2017

My monthly allowance is unlimited, and the connection is undamaged.

PainTrain

Prominent
Jun 13, 2017

Both appear as 0% and fine, however when I ping the games server it drops to 100% loss. Unsure if pinging it directly will yield accurate information though.

You are a god sir !!!

:)

PainTrain

Prominent
Jun 13, 2017

Unfortunately no I just pay a lot of money. Also why I would not be so happy if this turned out to be my ISP's fault.