Having problems with amd radeon 8850m on dell inspiron 15r 5537

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

chethansn007

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
I have bought a dell inspiron 15r 5537it has amd radeon hd 8850m graphics card I am not able to use this graphic card it is using intel hd graphics i tried disabling the intel hd graphic in device manager but when I disable intel hd graphics the amd radeon grachics shows an error like no amd radeon graphics or no drivers installed but I have installed the amd radeon drivers for 8850m but also the same error is displayed. My laptop os running windows 8.. plz some help with this... I have tried unstalling amd radeon drivers and re installing but no use the same problem is occurring.... this message will display when I disable intel hd graphics.. no amd radeon card or drivers

Robin Dahiya

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
all the links provided above are broken.
please tell me any fix if available.

i have inspiron 5537 and amd driver is not getting installed - everytime it says installation failed.

i have updated the BIOS - no go
tried to install the driver from support site and amd official site - no go

Wrax

Estimable
Aug 20, 2015
update to Win10, works for me.
First install Win10 as update to Win8/8.1, than do a clean install.
After that I was suprised but I had both cards drivers already installed.

Cons: probably something wrog with energy usage, because it was drained pretty quick (3h vs. 5 h earlier) and I suppose it's graphic card issue

TRENDING THREADS