Solved! Having some issues with my laptop getting a bit hot.

NiveusT

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
So, a buddy of mine sold me his Aero 14, it was used for about 2 years before it came into my hands. It had a warranty and he had the fans fixed previously, and they're working nicely.

However, previously, I could play some games like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and it would get to a max of 75C. I played PUBG no problem. I also enjoyed several other games, and the temperature wouldn't get too bad. (CPU temperature)

Recently, however, the temperatures have been reaching 88C.

I've undervolted the CPU to -.105V with Intel Extreme Tuning Utility.
I've repasted the CPU thermal paste with Arctic Silver 5, using the "dot" method.
The fans are running fine, but the laptop still seems to run hot sometimes.
Even during idle, according to HWMonitor, it gets upwards of 63C and the fans are running.

Is there something I messed up somewhere?

Here are the specs if you need specifics:
CPU: Intel HD i7-6700HQ 2.6Ghz
Ram: 16GB (Not sure what speed or brand)
Video 1: Intel HD Graphics 530
Video 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
Windows 10 64-bit

I always have it plugged in while using it.

I'm willing to give any information needed.
Thank you very much for your time and help, I appreciate it a lot.

Solution
88 isn't quite unusual. It depends on where you are using it. Is it getting good airflow? Or is something possibly blocking it? Add to that, if it is close to any heat source this can make it heat up more. Also, it is possible that there is dust and debris inside that is making it get a bit hotter. I would check to see if it needs cleaning out.
88 isn't quite unusual. It depends on where you are using it. Is it getting good airflow? Or is something possibly blocking it? Add to that, if it is close to any heat source this can make it heat up more. Also, it is possible that there is dust and debris inside that is making it get a bit hotter. I would check to see if it needs cleaning out.

Solution