Having some trouble with replacing a laptop screen.

ihatemondays

Estimable
Sep 1, 2014
I'm not sure if this is the right place for it but I'm having a slight problem with replacing a family members laptop screen which was cracked.

The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5900, the screen was cracked and displayed lines and bars across the screen. This being my first time replacing a laptop screen I thought I'd give it a go.

After ordering a replacement I went about disassembling and removing the old one and throwing it out. The new one came in a few days later and reassembled everything expecting it to power on and work perfectly, screen doesn't power on...

At first I thought the new screen was DOA so I sent it back and ordered another one, new one came in and still the screen doesn't power on, nothing... Double checked cables, everything.

If you need to know here's the screen I ordered for the replacement, it's the correct size and the model number is the same as the original.

I'm at a total loss, any and all help is appreciated :)

Hi,

Another part of the laptop that you need to consider checking are the connector or the ribbon cables that connects the LCD Display to the motherboard. Make sure both of them are seated properly especially the back light for the LCD display since you won't see anything on the screen unless it's plugged in correctly.

Here's the specification of your LCD screen as well that might help.

Size: 15.4 inch Widescreen (13.1"x8.2")
Backlight: CCFL 1-Bulb
Video signal connector: 30 pin CCFL screen

ihatemondays

Estimable
Sep 1, 2014

Ok thank you for the specs, I'll definitely take a look at those and make sure they aren't bent and plugged in properly.

ihatemondays

Estimable
Sep 1, 2014

Thanks, I just did what you said and nothing.