HD6XX vs K7XX

Super Slick

Estimable
Mar 13, 2015
Hey guys,
I am just wondering whether I should go for the Sennheiser HD6XX or AKG 7XX.
My uses are split between gaming and music listening. I typically listen to hip hop, rap and edm however I often mix it up. I don't play many FPS' other than Rainbow six siege and single player story ones. I find it important to be able to immerse myself in the game. From what I understand the hd6xx should be better for my music tastes, however I can not stop hearing about the incredible sound stage and imaging of the k7xx and so I need your opinions and experiences.

Thanks.

Solution
D
I don't have AKG K7XXs to compare but I have HD 650s and they sound good with just about any music. I've looked at the K7XXs and decided against them since I already have HD 600s and HD 650s.

If you can afford the jump in price one of the Fostex TH-X00 variants would be amazing with what you listen to. I've got the Mahoganies but for all around use the Ebonies or the E-MU Teaks might be better. There are not any better bass headphones than the Foster driver variants.
D

Deleted member 217926

I don't have AKG K7XXs to compare but I have HD 650s and they sound good with just about any music. I've looked at the K7XXs and decided against them since I already have HD 600s and HD 650s.

If you can afford the jump in price one of the Fostex TH-X00 variants would be amazing with what you listen to. I've got the Mahoganies but for all around use the Ebonies or the E-MU Teaks might be better. There are not any better bass headphones than the Foster driver variants.

Solution