Solved! HDD and ODD no power and response

shafayet.mortuza

Prominent
Sep 20, 2018
i have a hp pavilion g6-2305tx notebook which i am using couple of years.
i sometimes open it to clean the dust from inside it and i open it parts by parts. but things messed up the last time i try to clean it. after joining it together again when i turn notebook on by pressing power button, cpu is running, cooling fan is running but nothing in the display, i also figured out that there's no power or response from hdd and odd, completely dead and silent. i checked both hdd and odd on other systems and both are ok, seems like my main board issue. what can cause this and what's the issue? any suggestion would be helpful.

Solution
While cleaning, electrostatic discharge can kill components of the motherboard. Replacement of the motherboard would be the thing to do then.
If the fan was cleaned with a vaccuum cleaner, the fan can induce voltage while rotating and destroy components. Other than that, connections not being placed back correctly or damaged flexible cables or not correctly seated coolers or removed thermal paste between chips and cooler, torn off components can be responsible for this.

While cleaning, electrostatic discharge can kill components of the motherboard. Replacement of the motherboard would be the thing to do then.
If the fan was cleaned with a vaccuum cleaner, the fan can induce voltage while rotating and destroy components. Other than that, connections not being placed back correctly or damaged flexible cables or not correctly seated coolers or removed thermal paste between chips and cooler, torn off components can be responsible for this.

Solution