HDMI Adapter/ Spliter

Mt Ash

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
Is there an adapter for an HDMI cable that would split off the audio so I could go directly to my receiver/surround system? I'm running the HDMI from my PC to my TV, but have no pass thru sound on the TV to go to the receiver. It would be great if the adapter split off the audio but also continued with the audio to the TV. So it would be a full HDMI connection to the TV, but the adapter would allow the audio to go to the receiver. Then I could use the surround sound whenever I choose or the TV sound. Make sense, or am I dreaming ?

Solution
That's largely dependent on budget. Some cost $5 and will almost never work, and some will cost $300 and have useless features you'll never need to work. The other problem is that there is no specific manufacture like Sony and Samsung are know for televisions, so you can't just pick a manufacturer, go to their site and pick a product. If you tell me how much you're willing to spend and country you live in, I can find you something that will suffice. Or if you wish to search yourself that's also okay although it will take time. I'm glad to help.

Lethal-Injection

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014

Okay, so what A/V inputs does it have? There's a multitude of splitters out there.

Mt Ash

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014

Mt Ash

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
A/V inputs are optical or component .
And these splitters allow the full HDMI signal to continue on to the TV?
I see you have pointed me in the right direction, I am going to go with a HDMI to HDMI + Optical splitter. Any suggestion for manufacturer ?
Thanks again for your help Lethal-Injection

Lethal-Injection

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
That's largely dependent on budget. Some cost $5 and will almost never work, and some will cost $300 and have useless features you'll never need to work. The other problem is that there is no specific manufacture like Sony and Samsung are know for televisions, so you can't just pick a manufacturer, go to their site and pick a product. If you tell me how much you're willing to spend and country you live in, I can find you something that will suffice. Or if you wish to search yourself that's also okay although it will take time. I'm glad to help.

Solution