HDMI changer ?

bullwhip7

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017
My LG TV does not have a HDMI out port, only HDMI in! I need to add a Vizio sound bar to it. So can I use a HDMI switcher to change it to a hdmi out somehow?

Neur0nauT

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
Sound bars are designed to connect into TVs, so it should have some sort of other input connector on it. As why_wolf has stated, have you checked to see if the bar has an optical connector?

Something like this diagram below
sound-bar-tv-optical.jpg

bullwhip7

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017
I am aware of the optical port on most tv models, but my LG model 43LH5000 does not have one !! It does have a HDMI port on both LG television (HDMI-in) and Vizio soundbar.... so I am looking for a solution using what I have.

bullwhip7

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017

bullwhip7

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017
Yes, the LG doesn't have an optical port but the Vizio soundbar does ! A friend of mine told me he thought I could use an HDMI switcher box and it would reverse the HDMI-in to a HDMI-out ! I was informed that there was no switcher.....

Neur0nauT

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014

Sorry, I just assumed the TV would have optical since it is quite modern. That's surprising.

I think you might be able to connect the soundbar with one of these: Ebay - HDMI-Composite AV converter

I found an older post about the same problem: Tomsguide thread