hdmi compatibility with 2.2

Solution
Are you sure that is the correct type? since I can't find that even said UN75TV641Dxz exists.
UN75 yes, but only in UN75NU8000 and NU71000 types There is also UN75MU6300Fxza and F6400AF

Most of them don't of course mention at all what type of HDMI connection they have, Most of their spec sheets make no note of it either except digging deeper UN75MU8000 seems to support default of 2160P@60hz, which means it's hdmi 2.0

If the port would support 2.2, which is new and shiny and sounds cool on paper.. I'm pretty sure they would have mentioned it in their specs, that said, I'm quite certain they wont support 2.2 but some might support 2.0 (and I have no idea about your mentioned TV since according to google, it doesn't exist, so.. I guess...

little_me

Estimable
May 9, 2015
Are you sure that is the correct type? since I can't find that even said UN75TV641Dxz exists.
UN75 yes, but only in UN75NU8000 and NU71000 types There is also UN75MU6300Fxza and F6400AF

Most of them don't of course mention at all what type of HDMI connection they have, Most of their spec sheets make no note of it either except digging deeper UN75MU8000 seems to support default of 2160P@60hz, which means it's hdmi 2.0

If the port would support 2.2, which is new and shiny and sounds cool on paper.. I'm pretty sure they would have mentioned it in their specs, that said, I'm quite certain they wont support 2.2 but some might support 2.0 (and I have no idea about your mentioned TV since according to google, it doesn't exist, so.. I guess HDMI 1.4?)

I could be wrong, but a link to actual TV might help look further.

Solution

John Nemesh

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
That doesn't appear to be the right model number. Also, there is no such thing as HDMI 2.2. HDMI is currently at 2.0, with HDCP copy protection at version 2.2. That may be where your confusion is.

Current "NU" and "QxN" models are HDMI 2.0b compliant, with support for SOME of HDMI 2.1s features, including FreeSync and VRR support. There are currently no products on the market with support for full HDMI 2.1, nor any indication when we will see them. There IS the POSSIBILITY (unconfirmed by Samsung) that current sets that include a "OneConnect" box (Q7FN and Q9FN) will be able to be upgraded to HDMI 2.1 by replacing the "OneConnect" box. However, Samsung has not confirmed that they will offer an upgrade.