HDMI over Coaxial?

Jiinxt

Estimable
Mar 10, 2014
I have a HTPC that I want to mirror on 2 tv's. My HTPC has 1 HDMI output, but only one of my tv's has an HDMI input. Is there a cheap way to split an hdmi (or switch) and then convert it to coax? Everything I see online is $150+. OR is there a card I can put in my HTPC to give me coax out for video?

EDIT: Had another thought, coax isnt my ONLY option. My other tv also has component and composite inputs.So if there is a HDMI to component/composite, those would also work.

Jiinxt

Estimable
Mar 10, 2014

The older tv has Component, Composite, and Coax... unfortunatly.. If the option is more than $100 I might as well just upgrade the tv haha, so hopefully there is a cheap solution.

If you don't need mirroring (same picture on both TVs), you might get out with cheap second video adapter for the PC with composite output. And this will work on short distance anyway, I don't think composite/componen will give you more than couple of feet without degradation.

Trying to mirror HDMI (high-def 1920x1080) with NTSC / composite (approx 640x480) will require expensive box to decode HDMI, downsample it, and re-encode it to NTSC / composite.

Jiinxt

Estimable
Mar 10, 2014

I would like it to be mirrored, cause I like to lay in bed while my fiance watches tv in our livingroom. I'm thinking right now, the best way to do it is to get a longass HDMI, split the hdmi out and just get a new tv... . (I dont know how badly it will degrade over that distance, so any help on that would be cool too!)

This is what Im thinking right now, this is the floor plan for our apartment and where everything is. I would just put a hole through the wall and feed it through. Any ideas?
setup.jpg