HDMI port issue. Is there a workaround to my problem?

Fig___

Prominent
May 22, 2017
I have a sound bar that I cannot connect through my receiver as I only have 1 HDMI out. Can I run HDMI out of my projector directly into the sound bar and use the second HDMI port from projector into my receiver? Is there any other solution here other than having to get a new receiver that will have 2 HDMI out? Thank you

Solution
I will guess that you are using the receiver as an HDMI input selector for the projector.
Even if you got a new one with two HDMI outputs it will not likely send audio out the second HDMI unless the receiver is set up to do 2 video zones. Not common.
The solution is to replace the receiver with an HDMI input selector with audio extraction.
https://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=5557&kpid=105557&gclid=CPPY2sLnwcYCFYIXHwodhY0FTw
That will provide an HDMI output for the projector and an analog and digital audio output for the soundbar.
If there is another purpose to using the receiver you could use the HDMI switch between your sources and the receiver instead of directly to the projector.

Turbo_

Commendable
Dec 5, 2016
I would love to help but I do not quite understand your situation, could you elaborate? What type of receiver? what is the purpose for the receiver? are you wanting to the sound sent to your projector to be played through the sound bar? what sound bar is it?

I will guess that you are using the receiver as an HDMI input selector for the projector.
Even if you got a new one with two HDMI outputs it will not likely send audio out the second HDMI unless the receiver is set up to do 2 video zones. Not common.
The solution is to replace the receiver with an HDMI input selector with audio extraction.
https://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=5557&kpid=105557&gclid=CPPY2sLnwcYCFYIXHwodhY0FTw
That will provide an HDMI output for the projector and an analog and digital audio output for the soundbar.
If there is another purpose to using the receiver you could use the HDMI switch between your sources and the receiver instead of directly to the projector.

Solution

Turbo_

Commendable
Dec 5, 2016

well answered. I agree.